October 20, 2014, 09:03:38 AM

Author Topic: The Bride chose my images instead of the photographer, how much should I charge?  (Read 17723 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
uggg...maybe i should not reply to things when i haven't read all 11 pages...uggg...11 pages....I want to sue all of you now!.....
Strange, how does it show 11 pages for you?  It only shows 4 pages for me.   ???

Regardless of pages, it is a loooong thread.  I'm a little surprised that it is still on the leader board after all this time.  Just goes to show how attracted most people are to soap operas vs. geeky tech shows.   ;)
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

jdramirez

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
uggg...maybe i should not reply to things when i haven't read all 11 pages...uggg...11 pages....I want to sue all of you now!.....
Strange, how does it show 11 pages for you?  It only shows 4 pages for me.   ???

Regardless of pages, it is a loooong thread.  I'm a little surprised that it is still on the leader board after all this time.  Just goes to show how attracted most people are to soap operas vs. geeky tech shows.   ;)

Your display settings are probably different.  Maybe 50 posts per page versus 15...

I don't think this is a soap opera... feels more like a public stoning.
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L->85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm ->100L & 85L

cellomaster27

• EOS M2
  • Capture the moment!
    • View Profile
I don't think this is a soap opera... feels more like a public stoning.

Haha  I've been reading this thread almost everyday to check up on new posts.  I've really enjoyed this... learned alot at the expense of the OP.  It's great that the OP actually posted this because it helps everyone really.  This kind of situation applies to literally everyone.  You don't have to shoot weddings, primary or secondary shooter, it's all relevant to daily shooting gigs.  It's good to know that the world still contains people with better than average code of ethics!!  11 pages later.. have to say thanks!
100D, EOS M, EF-M 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM f3.5-5.6, EF 28mm f1.8 USM, EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM, EF 40mm f2.8 STM, EF 85mm f.18 USM, EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS, 430 EX II, kata 3n-1 22, triggers, lighting, stands, remotes, etc...

chriswolf

• Power Shot G16
  • Canon 6D
    • View Profile
I'm happy to inform you all that the "soap" ended very well.
The photographer told me that I did the right thing calling him to talk about the bride approached me asking for my images and he's still calling me for other jobs.
Lesson learnt, I feel happy and relieved.

Canon 6D, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85mm 1.8

danski0224

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
The photographer told me that I did the right thing calling him to talk about the bride approached me asking for my images and he's still calling me for other jobs.

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that the situation was handled well.
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile

+1

Apologies for my earlier comments, I was wrong to assume you wouldn't do the right thing.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

tolusina

• 7D
    • View Profile
Well, did you get any MONEY for your shots in the end?
Sounds like you did the right thing by both the pro and the bride, did the pro do the right thing by you?

40 on 6

canon rumors FORUM

thepancakeman

• 6D
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile

+1

Apologies for my earlier comments, I was wrong to assume you wouldn't do the right thing.

Yup, thanks for the update and glad it worked out! 

But Neuro, you can't apologize dude, this is the interweb; you're not allowed to be reasonable.  Ever.  For any reason.   :o

brett b

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile

That's great, Chris! It couldn't have been easy getting blasted for days on this thread. Many have learned from your experience.

canon rumors FORUM