Below is an updated spec list we’ve received for the apparently upcoming PowerShot G17. By the looks of the spec list, this camera would come above the recently announced PowerShot G1 X II which seem highly unlikely, but here’s what we were sent anyway.
- 24-200mm f/1.4-2.0 Lens
- DIGIC 6
- New 3,0 LCD with 1,2 mpix with high contrast glass
- 1/8000 shutter speed
- All magnesium body with comfortable grip
- 490 pictures on 1 battery charge
- New large sensor
- Over 80 Ultra Advanced Scene Modes with on-camera retouching
- Wi-fi , GPS with uploaded google maps
- HD movies , full hd 1920 * 1080 – 60 f/s
Take this one with a massive grain of salt as it could be an April 1 holdover. We were also sent pricing and it’s above the PowerShot G1 X II. Stranger things have happened and I’m sure the “Gxx” nameplate still has good marketing muscle behind it. However, we haven’t even seen the G1 X II on the market yet, I can’t imagine it being trumped in the compact camera segment.