April 17, 2014, 07:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Smugmug in Canada  (Read 7124 times)

firephasers

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Smugmug in Canada
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
Does anyone in Canada use Smugmug?  Any issues or problems with this service, especially as it applies to Canadians?  I'm also wondering if there is a comparable Canadian service?  Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

Smugmug in Canada
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Smugmug in Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
I use Smugmug in the USA.  I can't imagine that there would be a problem using it in Canada, there are no censors or filters at the border, and the location of the servers is usually not a big deal unless they are half way around the world.

The service is extremely reliable, I believe they use Amazon servers, so its rarely down, and then only for a short time.  The speed of the site is excellent, and being able to manage your images thru Lightroom is definitely a big plus, I always use Lightroom to upload images to Smugmug with Jeffrey Fridels excellent add-in.

You do have to pay for it, as opposed to some of the free sites, but I feel its well worth the cost.

Richky

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
The problem with SmugMug (and pretty much any other site I have found) is that they do not have Canadian fulfillment partners so clients ordering prints are often stuck with extra charges at the border.  I chose to go with Zenfolio which at least has a self-fulfillment option so I can take the orders and get them printed in Canada (or wherever I choose).

firephasers

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »
I appreciate that very much.  Haven't heard of Zenfolio, but I will definitely check them out.  Thanks!

The problem with SmugMug (and pretty much any other site I have found) is that they do not have Canadian fulfillment partners so clients ordering prints are often stuck with extra charges at the border.  I chose to go with Zenfolio which at least has a self-fulfillment option so I can take the orders and get them printed in Canada (or wherever I choose).

ablearcher

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
I've been using Smugmug for a few years now and never had a problem with them. Never had any complaints from customers ordering prints. Totally love their ordering system - very easy to work with and i know customers love it.
Canon 7D; Canon 5D MKIII; Canon EF-S 10-22mm; Canon 50mm 1.8; Canon 28mm 1.8; Canon 85mm 1.8; Canon 24-105mm 4.0 L; Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L II IS; Canon 135mm 2.0 L; Canon 35mm 1.4 L.

MK5GTI

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
i rarely come to this regional forum, but i got to put two thumbs up for Smugmug.  I am in Canada as well.

i did consider Zenfolio couple years back, and the two drawback make me go with Smugmug.

1. no video at that time, i understand they finally have it now  ???
2. upload speed at my work, Smugmug is A LOT faster.

Layout wise, i like Smugmug more.

search for coupon code on web to save $15-20 bucks  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »