July 31, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

Author Topic: Photo taken using the 1Ds Mark IV by George Lepp  (Read 2963 times)

ronmart_blogspot_com

Photo taken using the 1Ds Mark IV by George Lepp
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
While at the Canon EXPO 2010, there was one photo that listed the camera used as 1Ds Mark IV:

http://www.ronmartblog.com/2010/09/canon-shows-off-1ds-mark-iv-photo-at.html

The photo doesn't do it justice, but Canon had plenty of time and printers to fix the label but never did. I can only assume it is real.

canon rumors FORUM

Photo taken using the 1Ds Mark IV by George Lepp
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »

macfly

Re: Photo taken using the 1Ds Mark IV by George Lepp
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
Very interesting, by "so good" I assume you mean that the quality and sharpness really stood out from everything on display?

Just to add to the hubhub about the new camera I was also alerted by my local store here in LA to 'get my credit card ready'.

ronmart_blogspot_com

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:09:15 AM »
Yeah, it was the best of the best images hanging on the wall. I'm hoping that means it really was a 1Ds-Mark IV and that the 100-400 was really a 100-400 II, because I can't imagine they'd use the old 100-400 on that great new body.

Who knows though, it could have just been a typo.

I'm in touch with Canon quite a bit since they are sponsoring my printing series at http://www.ronmartblog.com/p/printing-series-articles.html so if it was wrong, I would have expected them to call me on it and ask me to take it down. I kept waiting for the call and it never came, so it leads me to believe that it is either authentic or they are wanting a viral campaign to begin and I bit.

Ron

richy

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »
I think I posted this here earlier. Canon are just deliberately teasing people, the picture looks alright but you cant judge anything by it really as its from a biased source and could have been shopped heavily. At least we are starting to get close to knowing something about it.  canon just need to release it already.
a 100-400 ii would be nice as well :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »