July 28, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Author Topic: Shooting in Namibia with the Canon EOS 6D  (Read 4453 times)

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting in Namibia with the Canon EOS 6D
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »
You know, I like the pictures, especially the two of the dunes, the one with predominantly sky (and what a beautiful sky!) and the silhouetted one that looks like it was taken in the late afternoon.  But have we become so sensitive to anything negative that someone simply expressing their opinion on the quality of one's work causes such a backlash that forces the poster to remove his comments?  Are we only supposed to post if we have something positive to say about the images?   While what sanj said may not have been that constructive, neither is "pretty images" or "beautiful shots".  In fact, I'd argue that what sanj said is more constructive than simple appreciation.  It allows one to think about what could be done better, if the composition was optimal, if the lighting was right, etc, moreso than any simple compliment.

Thanks…

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »
You know, I like the pictures, especially the two of the dunes, the one with predominantly sky (and what a beautiful sky!) and the silhouetted one that looks like it was taken in the late afternoon.  But have we become so sensitive to anything negative that someone simply expressing their opinion on the quality of one's work causes such a backlash that forces the poster to remove his comments?  Are we only supposed to post if we have something positive to say about the images?   While what sanj said may not have been that constructive, neither is "pretty images" or "beautiful shots".  In fact, I'd argue that what sanj said is more constructive than simple appreciation.  It allows one to think about what could be done better, if the composition was optimal, if the lighting was right, etc, moreso than any simple compliment.

If you are familiar with sanj and his work, you will understand the level of constructive input one can expect of him. I wouldn't have made the same comment towards anyone of lesser caliber. I am sure he might add something constructive if he has the time, and we all can benefit from it.

Also no one could forced him to remove his post. I admire and respect his voluntary gesture, and think it was very big of him.

No no nothing big. I was blunt and that is not good. I agree that just saying 'not great' without explanation is not that nice. I know Namibia so well and know what it has to offer.... I know CR guys are super photographers.... When I saw the post that they are in Namibia I was excited to see their pictures.

I am guessing that they are saving the best for later… CR talent and Namibia beauty combo is going to hit us hard!

jeffa4444

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 09:05:10 AM »
Nice shots. The 6d for all the "poor mans 5dMKIII" retoric really is a great travel and landscape camera where the lower weight matters and the IQ difference is not perceptable. Ive never been unhappy about purchasing mine some dust issues in the viewing system aside.
Canon 6d, 7d & 550d with EF-S and EF-L glass

aviationwiz

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »
Very nice photos - I was fortunate enough to spend a couple days in Namibia not too long ago and got some great shots myself just using the 7D with the kit lens. We spent the majority of our time near Sossusvlei, with a little bit of time in Windhoek. I'd love to go back sometime - especially to spend time near Walvis Bay and visit the Skeleton Coast.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »