October 02, 2014, 08:54:06 AM

Author Topic: UK Exclusive: Canon Unveils White EOS 100D and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens  (Read 5595 times)

JVLphoto

• Administrator
  • EOS M2
  • Whatever clicks
    • View Profile
    • JVLphoto

United Kingdom, 16 April 2014 – Canon today introduces a new white edition of the world’s smallest and lightest APS-C DSLR , the EOS 100D, as well as a new white version of its EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens. Ideal for first time users looking to explore the world of DSLR photography, the new editions to the EOS range make it easy for anyone, whatever their skill level, to capture and relive special moments in stunning detail.

Measuring just 116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4mm, the EOS 100D is compact enough to always carry with you and features an 18 MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS AF II sensor and a range of simple controls and automatic shooting modes, making capturing stunning images and Full HD movies effortless. The incredibly lightweight and compact body provides a traditional DSLR shooting experience while the large 7.7cm (3.0”) ClearView II touch screen, makes it easy to adjust settings and review images straight after capture.

The white EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is the perfect partner for the new EOS 100D, providing the flexibility to capture everyday subjects from sweeping landscapes to close-up portraits. An Optical Image Stabilizer ensures images are captured with impressive detail and clarity, while the near-silent STM technology also ensures noise is kept to a minimum whilst focusing in movies.

White 100D

100D Stormtrooper Edition

White EOS 100D – key features:

18.0 Megapixel Hybrid CMOS AF II sensor

Compact, portable design

Simple shooting with Scene Intelligent Auto

Optical viewfinder and large touch screen

Full-HD movies with Hybrid CMOS AF II

Creative Filters and Extra Effect Shot

Built-in Feature Guide

EOS System of lenses and accessories

White EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – key features:

Versatile focal length range

Compact design

Four-stop optical Image Stabilizer

Smooth focusing with STM motor

0.25m closest focusing distance

Super Spectra Coating

Non-rotating front element

Manual focus ring

Circular seven-bladed aperture

Pricing and availability

The EOS 100D White will be available from May 2014 with an MSRP of £499/€599

cr

via TDP

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
This is news?  The 100D in white was released in Japan late last year (with a matching white 40/2.8, IIRC).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

JBL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
This is news?  The 100D in white was released in Japan late last year (with a matching white 40/2.8, IIRC).

Was about to post the very same comment. :)

Hillsilly

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
At least it is great to see Canon innovating.  Hopefully we'll follow the success of Pentax with an ever increasing range of colours.
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)

Ah! But this time it comes with a white 18-55mm kit lens! And this one is a UK only edition. Lucky brits!
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
White will reflect the sun rather than absorb it, keeping the camera and lens cool, so hot climates like ...  OOPS, Whats wrong here???

kphoto99

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
So after this DSLR, from the past rumors how many more DSLRs are left to be released this year?

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
So now there's black and white.  Two more colors to go to tie the T3 color palette in number of options.

EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

michi

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I would love a white SL1.  I'm really happy with mine.  It pretty much replaced my M.  Too late now though, not going to buy another body just for a different color.  Besides, if it is UK only, then oh well...

CANONisOK

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
I love the look... but I can't help but imagine how dirty those rubber grip areas will look in very short order.
5D mark 3: R14/2.8, 24mm f/2.8 IS, 35mm f/2 IS, 50 1.2L, 100L macro, 85L, 135L, 300mm f/2.8 ii. 8-15L Fisheye, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200L IS II, TAM 150-600mm,  2x600ex-rt
EOS M: 18-55mm, 22mm
SL1: 10-18mm IS, 18-55mm IS

gshocked

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
If it was a attached to a 70-200 f2.8L does it make it a pro body? LOL

Looks good, I agree with the comment about the grip.

If anyone has a 100d attached to a 70-200, please post it! Also mention how it feels with that lens on..

archiea

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
By the first month of use, at least by me, that camera will be off white, then bone white, then crusty creme, then sandy brown, then dirt brown, then burnt sienna brown, then marbled black, then pretty much the color I have now, minus a few buttons.. so whats the point!?!?!   ;D

Canon 14-24

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Past 2 years of Canon innovations press releases of powershots, Rebels, and stm kit lens innovations.

I thought the smart phone market was creeping into powershot margins, why bother with the powershot segment anymore?

Well cheers to another Q1 year of nothing but announcements of lenses and bodies from other camera brands.

canon rumors FORUM

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
Neat, a camera in Canadian winter camouflage.....
The best camera is the one in your hands

Kahuna

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Wonder if we'll see a product advisory from Canon with the white rubber turning black...

canon rumors FORUM