July 23, 2014, 01:03:48 PM

Author Topic: UK Exclusive: Canon Unveils White EOS 100D and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens  (Read 4852 times)

gshocked

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Personally, I preferred the camouflage finish of the 1Dw.  Now THAT is a great camera!  ;)

+1 Yes!

Canon please make this a $50 option on all cameras (I know, I'm dreaming  :D)

canon rumors FORUM

gshocked

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
If anyone has a 100d attached to a 70-200, please post it! Also mention how it feels with that lens on..

Here it is:

Normally the 70-200 is mounted to a (gripped) 7D, but this works too. You just hold the lens and the tiny 100D hangs on to the end of the lens barrel.

By the looks of it, the white of the "new" white 100D is a different shade of white than the L, which is more towards "creamy white".

I saw this picture (it's not mine!) of a white 40mm pancake, with red "L ring look" UV filter, that's something I'd actually like.

Nice! I guess no holding onto just the camera body...

Where did you see the white 40mm pancake? Is it real or a custom paint job?

Dutchy

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
The white 40-STM (and the picture) is not mine, I saw it in the "40 STM" group on Flickr, that I am a member of. My own 40-STM is black, as well as the 100D.

But it's a real Canon product. The white 40 STM is offered in a kit together with a white 100D in Japan. The kit was launched late last year:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/white-canon-eos-100d-launched-23443

In Europe I have not seen the white 40 STM in stores (separately or in a kit). I do think the white version looks like a "tongue in cheek" statement to a tiny "L" lens, not to be taken too seriously.

canon rumors FORUM