July 31, 2014, 08:19:23 PM

Author Topic: Live Coverage of the Announcement  (Read 11876 times)

Dave

Re: Live Coverage of the Announcement
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »
5D3 is not getting announced, this is a video only event. The 5D3 is a photography camera... not a camera entended for Hollywood.

Probanly... But the 5D2 was THE video DSLR... I wouldn't wonder if they palce the MkIII as a kind of bridge between video and photo market...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
Very few replies here for an 'historic' Canon announcement!
Well, 16,000 bucks is a little bit out of my budghet...
Wait and see what the other camera costs.....

I'm more interested in the label on that second camera and am still hoping for a 5D3...

5D3 is not getting announced, this is a video only event. The 5D3 is a photography camera... not a camera entended for Hollywood.

You're probably right that it won't be a "5D3" but there could be a video optimized pro-level DSLR form factor camera announced.

Not that there is any rule that says Canon can't announce anything they want and could certainly add "one more thing" if they wanted to.

coltsfreak18

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
By the way, the Q&A just started, and the list price is 20k, not 16, as the DVinfo article stated.

theuserjohnny

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »

Probanly... But the 5D2 was THE video DSLR... I wouldn't wonder if they palce the MkIII as a kind of bridge between video and photo market...

I agree that the 5D3 could be the bridge but I just don't see them announcing it today along side with it. They'll save it for the photographer event (Photokina).

Dave

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »
I agree that the 5D3 could be the bridge but I just don't see them announcing it today along side with it.
Well... But they HAVE to say something about this "phantom" camera on the picture... Canon wouldn't be so stupid to  publish such a photo without knowing exactly what they are doing... The phantom camera ist definitley PLACED there and not just "be" there by mistake.

Zuuyi

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
So I guess we have to wonder what the DSLR is packing.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
Next big question though... will it be a lower resolution sensor (i.e. less than 21MP) with the justification it's optimized for video?

Almost certainly. Perhaps even the 1D X sensor as a 1D C...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
I agree that the 5D3 could be the bridge but I just don't see them announcing it today along side with it.
Well... But they HAVE to say something about this "phantom" camera on the picture... Canon wouldn't be so stupid to  publish such a photo without knowing exactly what they are doing... The phantom camera ist definitley PLACED there and not just "be" there by mistake.

Not sure about "stupid" but wow what a huge teaser if they don't even mention it!  Rumor boards will be abuzz until they address that second camera in the photos.

theuserjohnny

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Not sure about "stupid" but wow what a huge teaser if they don't even mention it!  Rumor boards will be abuzz until they address that second camera in the photos.

Maybe that's what they want... if anything they'll just tease about it at the end.

Justin

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Any ideas if the lenses will AF on a traditional DSLR?

Dave

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
  Rumor boards will be abuzz until they address that second camera in the photos.
I'm sure they did it on purpose... I'm sure the canon marketing guys are smart enough not to do something like that by accident...

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »
So why is this camera 2X as expensive as the 1Dx when the output is the same essentially?

c.d.embrey

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
Any ideas if the lenses will AF on a traditional DSLR?

I doubt it. Why would they, they are designed for use with a camera that doesn't have built-in auto focus.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »

Dave

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »
Why would they
Well, a 14-60mm 2.6 would be awsome on a 5D...

coltsfreak18

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »
Why would they
Well, a 14-60mm 2.6 would be awsome on a 5D...
Even without AF, it would be. It would be Canon's first sub 2.8 (and this is T/2.6, which is better than F/2.6) zoom lens for the EF mount; that's pretty neat, and it covers an incredible zoom range for a full frame body.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »