September 30, 2014, 10:50:52 AM

Author Topic: Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559  (Read 4962 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »

6ave (99.4% approval) is selling the Canon EOS 5D Mark III body for $2559 (Reg $3399) via eBay. This price probably won’t last long.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559 (Reg $3399)

Note: The item in this sale is brand new and likely grey market, therefore not technically covered under a Canon USA warranty. Although, there are reports of warranty service being performed on these items. 6ave offers a 1 year parts/90 day labor warranty.’

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »

fox40phil

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 05:57:34 PM »
"May not ship to Germany" hm this sucks  :-\

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »
Sometimes it just isn't worth the crazy hassle of saving a few bucks!!! SMH!!!  :-X
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:47:16 PM by ewg963 »
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

SoullessPolack

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
Do you guys not see the 99.3% approval rating?  It's not like it's a 75%, where there is still what I would call significant chance (even though it is less likely to be poor than to be good) of something going wrong.  Not to mention they still give you a 1 year warranty to offset the loss from the imported model, on top of ebay's own protection guarantees.  This ain't some two bit operation with only 7 customer ratings.  There's nearly 20,000.

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
If anyone wants to save money, they should wait for the holidays, or else wait for a "refurb sale" from Canon USA (and sign up for the updates on canonpricewatch...also consider camel x3 for amazon price updates).  Or you could consider buying used.

I have a feeling the 5D3, full USA model, will sell new at or under $2450, sometime in the holiday season.  And of course it will go well below that, if you factor in lens kit deals (it's already done that this past holiday season).  I wonder just how low it will go?  Also wonder if there will be a 5D4 development announcement sometime in 2015, or before?  Surely there will be a rumor of one in development, if not an announcement.  Of course whatever the next full frame body that gets announced (if it's not the 5D4 replacement), might factor in to the timeline of a replacement.

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 06:02:09 AM »
If anyone wants to save money, they should wait for the holidays, or else wait for a "refurb sale" from Canon USA (and sign up for the updates on canonpricewatch...also consider camel x3 for amazon price updates).  Or you could consider buying used.

I have a feeling the 5D3, full USA model, will sell new at or under $2450, sometime in the holiday season.  And of course it will go well below that, if you factor in lens kit deals (it's already done that this past holiday season).  I wonder just how low it will go?  Also wonder if there will be a 5D4 development announcement sometime in 2015, or before?  Surely there will be a rumor of one in development, if not an announcement.  Of course whatever the next full frame body that gets announced (if it's not the 5D4 replacement), might factor in to the timeline of a replacement.
+1  :) :) :) Yes I agree that it's a good idea to wait for the holidays for major camera purchases. Dealing with these gray market stores on ebay not so good. Yes the feedback says 99.3 % but what if you're the .7% stuck dealing with a 5D Mark III or a 1DX  that you can't get a warranty for... I say that's money wasted. 
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
I agree that it's a good idea to wait for the holidays for major camera purchases. Dealing with these gray market stores on ebay not so good. Yes the feedback says 99.3 % but what if you're the .7% stuck dealing with a 5D Mark III or a 1DX  that you can't get a warranty for... I say that's money wasted.
Last holiday high-end DSLR deals were pretty much nil.

Previous years, you had NewEgg with their heavy rebates on things like the 7D, the stock Sellof of 5DmkII, B&H with high-end 'kits' etc.

Anything over a 70D isn't holiday-sensitive anymore, unfortunately.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »
Sometimes it just isn't worth the crazy hassle of saving a few bucks!!! SMH!!!  :-X

840 is off 3399 is more than just a few bucks...  The warranty is only good for a year, and you can get 3rd party insurance coverage for much less than 840.  Plus 6ave is offering its own warranty to cover the year, so much much risk is there?

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

That is assuming that the refurb store doesn't sell out nearly immediately.  I've had my eye on a couple lenses, but they sell out even before it goes on sale.  I got my 5D3 more than 1.5 years ago for 2500.  I'd rather get one of these gray kits new with a store warranty than buying a used unit from an unknown source.  Who knows why the seller is selling it and if he's being 100% truthful.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
$2602.68 - CLP

Just pulled the trigger  ;D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

edwyun

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
That is assuming that the refurb store doesn't sell out nearly immediately.  I've had my eye on a couple lenses, but they sell out even before it goes on sale.  I got my 5D3 more than 1.5 years ago for 2500.  I'd rather get one of these gray kits new with a store warranty than buying a used unit from an unknown source.  Who knows why the seller is selling it and if he's being 100% truthful.

$2602.68 - CLP
Just pulled the trigger  ;D

Yes, the Canon refurbished 5DIII's are upon on the Canon website.  Thank you canonpricewatch for the email notice.

I also placed my order for the refurnished 5DIII with additional CLP discount.  Woo hoo!
5DIII: 14/2.8 (Samyang), 24-70/2.8L ii, 135/2L
T90: 24/2.8, 50/1.4 SSC, 50/1.4, 35-105/3.5, 135/2, 200/4 Macro, 300/4L

alphajim

• Power Shot G16
  • 7D and 5DmkII
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
Here's the problem with feedback scores.  THEY LIE!  If the buyer lodges a complaint with ebay, and the seller returns the money (but not the shipping/insurance), your feedback gets wiped.  I have personal experience with this and one of these "too cheap to be true" 5DMkII bodies.  What I got was an obvious customer return.  Cosmetic damage, and problems with AF.  Box looked like it had been backed into by forklift.

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

The refurb store does not always sell out immediately.  If you don't like buying used, it's your choice.  I don't prefer it either, but I have (and not just photo equipment).  It's worked out fine about 98% of the time, for me.  I've also sold many things used.  Who knows what I've done with my stuff though, I might have used it to dig a ditch!  I mean, who even knows if you are being 100% truthful right now?  All we can do is take people at their word, when dealing with them.  If you choose not to, it might become difficult for you to deal with people, and vice versa.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »

The refurb store does not always sell out immediately.  If you don't like buying used, it's your choice.  I don't prefer it either, but I have (and not just photo equipment).  It's worked out fine about 98% of the time, for me.  I've also sold many things used.  Who knows what I've done with my stuff though, I might have used it to dig a ditch!  I mean, who even knows if you are being 100% truthful right now?  All we can do is take people at their word, when dealing with them.  If you choose not to, it might become difficult for you to deal with people, and vice versa.

Read what I wrote:  I didn't say it always sells out immediately.  Although if you'd like to help get me a 300L f/2.8 II IS at 20% the refurb price, then I'll gladly accept your help.

I buy used when the price is right and when it's available through the refurb store.  Two of the lenses I bought used were misrepresented, and that was from people with 100% ratings and dozens of transactions.  One had been knocked hard enough to have the filter threads replaced but had it repaired by Canon but did not disclose it ( I found the Canon repair report in the box).  Another had a faulty AF module.  So that is more than 20% of my lens transactions from supposed "good" sellers.  If I can find it new/refurbed for a price close to used, then I'm not buying used.  It is not an issue of me not taking people at their word but them misrepresenting something that they are contractually supposed to disclose as TOCs for using the sites.

edwyun

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
But at least buying refurb from the canon USA online store, you still get a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
5DIII: 14/2.8 (Samyang), 24-70/2.8L ii, 135/2L
T90: 24/2.8, 50/1.4 SSC, 50/1.4, 35-105/3.5, 135/2, 200/4 Macro, 300/4L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »