November 20, 2014, 04:46:01 PM

Author Topic: New Canon USA Camera, Lens & Speedlite Rebates Starting Today  (Read 1452 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors

New Canon camera, lens and Speedlite mail-in rebates have started today and will run until July 5, 2014. There are also a host of instant rebates that will run until May 24, 2014.

These rebates are generally only available to folks that have a USA mailing address, the instant rebates may be available to people outside of the USA, but you will have to talk to the retailer about that.

canonrebates

Canon Lens & Speedlite RebatesCanon DSLR & Lens Bundle Rebates

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

dilbert

• View Profile
Re: New Canon USA Camera, Lens & Speedlite Rebates Starting Today
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »
Nice try Canon - it seems that you still want me to loan you my money (interest free!) for an unspecified period of time.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
Nice try Canon - it seems that you still want me to loan you my money (interest free!) for an unspecified period of time.

Is that worse than just giving it to them, permanently?   ::)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

jdramirez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »

I liked the instant rebates... but last year there were some deals to be had on a 24-70 f/2.8 mkii and a 100L that were made sweeter by the mail in rebates. 

I'm not a huge fan of mail in rebates... but if it affords me the opportunity to save an extra $50... I'll do it.
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L-> 85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm -> 85mm f/1.2L mkii

dilbert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »

I liked the instant rebates... but last year there were some deals to be had on a 24-70 f/2.8 mkii and a 100L that were made sweeter by the mail in rebates. 

I'm not a huge fan of mail in rebates... but if it affords me the opportunity to save an extra $50... I'll do it.

But you don't save $50 - it is less than that.

For example, if you buy and have to pay sales tax, you pay sales tax on the amount prior to the rebate being deducted. You don't ever get the extra tax paid back. Second, you need to spend time, effort and supply your own resources (envelope, stamp) to post the rebate. You may even need to drive somewhere just to buy the envelope + stamp, so add in the cost of gas to get that. Third, if your credit card isn't at $0 balance every month then you pay interest on the pre-rebate amount. Fourth, if you've got enough money in a bank account for it to earn interest then you lose the extra interest on the rebate total.

Individually, they're not significant, but they can easily add up to be a couple of dollars or more.

Ruined

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:58:06 PM »
There are a couple of lenses I want to pickup, but I will pass -- price too high even with rebate.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:58:06 PM »