October 01, 2014, 12:13:41 AM

Author Topic: Question about WFT-E4 IIA grip for 5d mmii  (Read 359 times)

Jens

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Jens Kristian Balle // Photographer
Question about WFT-E4 IIA grip for 5d mmii
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »
I have some questions for this grip that I can't seem to find the answers for.

1) does the battery in the grip power the camera as well, and I won't need a battery in the camera?

2) if not, can the ac adapter ack-e6 be used on the camera with the grip on, so I don't have unmount the grip to change batteries every time?

Hope you guys can help

canon rumors FORUM

Question about WFT-E4 IIA grip for 5d mmii
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »

Valvebounce

• 1D Mark IV
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about WFT-E4 IIA grip for 5d mmii
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:47 PM »
Hi Jens.
I have no idea about the battery in the WFT powering the camera, but I doubt it as from the pictures it doesn't have the pillar that goes in the battery housing to power the camera, it seems to only connect through the terminal block on the bottom of the body. The power supply should be ok to use with the WFT grip as the cord comes out through the side of battery housing.

Cheers Graham.

1) does the battery in the grip power the camera as well, and I won't need a battery in the camera?

2) if not, can the ac adapter ack-e6 be used on the camera with the grip on, so I don't have unmount the grip to change batteries every time?

Hope you guys can help
7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

Jens

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Jens Kristian Balle // Photographer
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »
That makes sense! Thanks

Can anyone confirm question #1

Hi Jens.
I have no idea about the battery in the WFT powering the camera, but I doubt it as from the pictures it doesn't have the pillar that goes in the battery housing to power the camera, it seems to only connect through the terminal block on the bottom of the body. The power supply should be ok to use with the WFT grip as the cord comes out through the side of battery housing.

Cheers Graham.

Hope you guys can help

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »