Let me explain my question a bit further. I have seen/used only two macro lenses till date Canon 100mm L and sigma 150mm OS. That also at a distance of more than 1 year. So I had no opportunity to test this question of mine.
What I am asking is, let's say I am photographing a small flower (pretty small) which is not going to occupy the entire image at 1:1 (let's say on a full frame camera). Now if I use different macro lenses - 50mm (Canon), [60mm (Tamron or Canon)-APS-C only], 70mm (Sigma), 90mm (Tamron), 100mm (Canon), 105mm (Sigma), 150mm (Sigma) or 180mm (Canon/Sigma/Tamron) - at 1:1 magnification focusing distance (varying the distance between the flower and my camera, of course) would I get the same image (not talking about sharpness here)? Probably this may be framed slightly differently, what is the importance and significance of the angle of view of different macro lenses at their minimum (or comparable magnification) focusing distances?
In case any of you have used more than one lenses at the same time you may have some idea about this. Any comment will be highly appreciated. Even better is if any of you have images like this to demonstrate the difference/similarities.
Dear friend RAKAMRAK.Most of our friends, the PRO and the Experts are already explain to you, The Question that you ask, and I do not want to repeat the great answers.
BUT, in my IDEAs of the usage of my 4 Items of Macro Photography equipment :
1) The : TUBE = So cheap and Great, that If our friends want to borrow my Macro Lenses, I just let them Borrow my " TUBE" and use with their Lenses, Any Lens that they have-----Well, YES, MY RULES are= Never let my friends borrow 3 things that I have , 1 = My Guns, 2= My Lenses and my Cameras, 3 = my wife----Ha, Ha, Ha---YES, that 3 items that my friends can screw up and damage my properties, and in that case, I will lose my dear friends.BUT the Best Idea that I might get the new young wife----Ha, Ha, Ha.
2) Canon MP-E 65 mm, F/ 2.8 Maxcro 1X-5X-----I use when I have the dead insect or Frozen insects( that I put in Zip-Lock Bag in Ref. for 30 minutes, Let them Hybernate = No movement, But Not Dead yet)---And I can shoot as close as 1/4 Inches or 3-5 mm. from the front of lens with out damage my high cost lens from their saliva----Ha, Ha, Ha.
3) Canon EF 100 mm. F/ 2.8 Macro, USM. my 15 years old Super Macro lens , that I not use any more, But I try to let my Son to borrow, and to use for his Portrait Photography. Yes, He hate the Insects and the Bugs.
4) my Dear EF 100 mm. F/ 2.8 L Hybrid IS, MACRO, USM---Yes, I use to shoot the Great Smell Flowers and The harmless Butterfly in closed distant that I can enjoy the smell of beautiful flowers or catch the movement of butterfly in the air---Yes, With or with out get the best Macro Photos----I do not care about the photos, But I get beautiful sun tan on my upper body---With out pay the money to Sun Tan salon----Ha, Ha, Ha.
5) My favorite EF 180 mm. F/ 3.5 L Macro USM.----Yes, This is my best---To use for shoot the Hungry/ Super Mad Bees or Hornets Far away from them, when I try to capture and know their secret locations of their sweet honey at the best beautiful flowers---Yes, I can use this lens as far as 1/4 miles from the mad/ angry insects, and safe from my nose that point to them.----Ha, Ha, Ha.
The Point is This 180 mm. Lens can use about= 48 CM. or 1.6 Foot from the angry bees---Compare to only min. distant 30 CM, or 1 Foot---That not safe distant for my beautiful nose or sharp , good old Lips.
Just for FUN , to talk to my dear friends.
Have a great Sunday.