December 21, 2014, 10:29:59 AM

Author Topic: Volunteer work as the photographer.  (Read 3341 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Volunteer work as the photographer.
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »
Dear Friends.
Yes, I am lucky that have a great work  as Owner and Architect of  my Architects/ Engineers Company Since 1985, And Make a good Money/ Good Business too.
One thing that I do  in past 30+ years, I use my free time to Volunteer to Shoot the Pictures/ Recorded Picture for Non-Profit Organizations for their recorded and Publications---Not Only I feel great, Plus also I am in trianing , to be  the better Photographer and get better skills too. Plus, I get intouch as the New CEO. , New Friends as the Owners/ Principle of the Big Business = Get the New Architectural Projects from them, Because they Trust me, as a good person.
Yes, This are the Way that I get business in Photography and  Graphic Design.
Enjoy.
Surapon.

PS. My equipment on this trip, Nami Walk Yesturday :
On my Neck--
1) Main Camera = Canon 5D MK II and Canon EF 24-70 mm F/ 2.8 L, With Flash 580 EX MK II And DIY. Flash modifier.
2) Canon EOS-M Mirrorless with EF 85 mm. F/ 1.2 L MK II
On my shoulders
3) Canon 7D , with EF 70-200 mm F/ 2.8 L IS USM, With Flash 580 EX MK I, with DIY. Flash Modifier.
4) Canon 1DS MK I, with EF 100-400 mm, F/ 4.5-5.6 L IS USM.
Plus a lot of Batteries in my Vest pockets, Plus my Memory cards too

canon rumors FORUM

Volunteer work as the photographer.
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
Re: Volunteer work as the photographer.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »
One thing that I do  in past 30+ years, I use my free time to Volunteer to Shoot the Pictures/ Recorded Picture for Non-Profit Organizations for their recorded and Publications---Not Only I feel great, Plus also I am in trianing , to be  the better Photographer and get better skills too. Plus, I get intouch as the New CEO. , New Friends as the Owners/ Principle of the Big Business = Get the New Architectural Projects from them, Because they Trust me, as a good person.
Yes, This are the Way that I get business in Photography and  Graphic Design.

Enjoy.
Surapon

PS. We shoot as the team work, With my dear Son , Bobby---And We shoot each other for recorded Photos too.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:13:54 AM by surapon »

BL

• Canon 6D
  • Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:43:44 PM »
Dear Surapon,

I wish I was as strong as you!  ;D
M, 5Dc, 1Dx, some lenses, a few lights

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »
Dear Surapon,

I wish I was as strong as you!  ;D

Dear BL, my friend.
That Man is my younger brother-----Ha, Ha, Ha---I am just 65 Year old man, But Young at heart----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Well, Just Kidding, Dear BL---The Tricks that make me can work as Labor ( To carry the Heavy Load on my Neck and Shoulders)  are I have the Routine Exercise in 6 days a week, Exercise  Neck, Belly, Shoulder Muscle, Hands and Legs too----Yes, My Body is in the great shape, BUT, The Brain and the Skill in Photography Are Gone----Ha, Ha, Ha---When I see the Beautiful  Subject as the Most beautiful lady walk pass me.
Havev a great Sunday.
Surapon

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 01:10:01 PM »
You impress me every time Surapon! How do yuo prevent camera's bumping into each other as you carry them around, or doesn't it matter? I always feel bad when my gear bumps into other gear as I carry it around.
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | SY14 f/2.8, Ʃ20 f/1.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, Ʃ35 f/1.4A, 50 f/1.8 I, Ʃ50 f/1.4 EX, 100L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12 f/2, Ʃ19 & 30 f/2.8 EX DN, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, Metabones SB | FT-QL, AE-1P | FD(n) & FL lenses

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »
You impress me every time Surapon! How do yuo prevent camera's bumping into each other as you carry them around, or doesn't it matter? I always feel bad when my gear bumps into other gear as I carry it around.

My dear friend mrsfotografie.
Only  two big White Lenses that will Bumps to each other at my back ( PIC.0558) = only the Lens hoods bang to each other, When I RUN.
But The Two cameras on my neck , I will hold them in both hands, When I walk or run to catch  the great Photos.
Nice to talk to you again.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

SoullessPolack

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

That gear is made to stand up to light knocks such as that.  One day when you handle an L lens, you will feel how good the build quality is and understand that two lens bumping into each other from a few inches or even a foot away is no issue.  You pay more, sure, but you also get really good durability.

Do you think actual professionals worry about their gear bumping into each other, or into other things?  No, they worry about getting the shot, knowing that their gear is well made.  I've dropped a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Autofocus from neck height while changing lenses once, it landed on a rock, bounced off, and kept on chugging that whole day and for years to come (to this day).

If you worry about bumps from such short distances, you'll be constantly guarding your gear, and you will miss shots (another reason why professionals don't guard their gear really cautiously...their livelihood depends on them getting the shot).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

SoullessPolack

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
I should clarify, if you don't own L lenses, then you may want to take extra precaution with your cheaper lenses.  All my glass is L or Zeiss, so I'm not sure on the build quality of the lesser lenses, but from what I have read, it is not quite as good.  In that case it might be wise to protect them somewhat.  It really just depends on what gear you have.  Sorry about not being too clear on the first post.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »

That gear is made to stand up to light knocks such as that.  One day when you handle an L lens, you will feel how good the build quality is and understand that two lens bumping into each other from a few inches or even a foot away is no issue.  You pay more, sure, but you also get really good durability.

Do you think actual professionals worry about their gear bumping into each other, or into other things?  No, they worry about getting the shot, knowing that their gear is well made.  I've dropped a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Autofocus from neck height while changing lenses once, it landed on a rock, bounced off, and kept on chugging that whole day and for years to come (to this day).

If you worry about bumps from such short distances, you'll be constantly guarding your gear, and you will miss shots (another reason why professionals don't guard their gear really cautiously...their livelihood depends on them getting the shot).

Yes, You are right, Dear Friend Mr. SoullessPolack .
I learn some thing new from you to day, As we are " The PRO "----Ha, Ha, Ha, We must love our equipment , and take care them as best as we can---No bang around.
Yes, Thanks, I already adjust the Harness's Locks  and let  both Cameras move to my Front Side of my body, NO MORE BANGING of the lens hood  ON MY BACK AT MY butts.
Yes, Sir, I learn from my friends in every days.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »
Ha, Ha, Ha, We must love our equipment , and take care them as best as we can---No bang around.
Yes, Thanks, I already adjust the Harness's Locks  and let  both Cameras move to my Front Side of my body, NO MORE BANGING of the lens hood  ON MY BACK AT MY butts.
Yes, Sir, I learn from my friends in every days.
Have a great Sunday.
Surapon

+1, I may have 'pro' gear, but I treat it with respect :)
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | SY14 f/2.8, Ʃ20 f/1.8, 24 f/2.8, 35 f/2, Ʃ35 f/1.4A, 50 f/1.8 I, Ʃ50 f/1.4 EX, 100L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12 f/2, Ʃ19 & 30 f/2.8 EX DN, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, Metabones SB | FT-QL, AE-1P | FD(n) & FL lenses

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »
I should clarify, if you don't own L lenses, then you may want to take extra precaution with your cheaper lenses.  All my glass is L or Zeiss, so I'm not sure on the build quality of the lesser lenses, but from what I have read, it is not quite as good.  In that case it might be wise to protect them somewhat.  It really just depends on what gear you have.  Sorry about not being too clear on the first post.

THANKSSSS, Dear friend Mr. SoullessPolack . Great Recommendation.
I use to be in the army, and my Drill Sargent teach me that----Our Gun and our war equipment that we carry in the field are our heart, we need to take care and protect as same as our life, Take care more than our Wife at home, in the battle field---Because = this guns and the equipment are only source that will safe our lifes.

Same as " L " Lenses or Not " L " Lens= Glasses are glasses which can break or get lose from the original position, which will make us ( Photographers) look real bad, when  the clients see our out of focus his/ her wedding photographs( Because of Damaged Lenses or we get drunk from the Pre-Wedding Party last night.
Have a great Sunday, Sir.
Surapon.

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »

So your first lens was an 'L' lens?  :o

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
surapon is THE MAN!

He is a PHOTOG BEAST!   ;D

(And here I think I'm pretty badass when I carry around just TWO Cameras!)
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
surapon, as a fellow volunteer photographer that shoots virtually ALL of my images for non-profits for free, I commend you!

It's great to hear and I'm glad you shared these images and thoughts with us.  Keep up the great work!

Rusty
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »
surapon is THE MAN!

He is a PHOTOG BEAST!   ;D

(And here I think I'm pretty badass when I carry around just TWO Cameras!)

Dear my friend RustyTheGeek.
You are wrong----Ha, Ha, Ha " Surapon is the Man"-------No, You should say that = "Surapon is a Crazy Old Man"---Ha, Ha, Ha.
But Thank you, Sir for your Great words that make my weekend.

Yes Volunteer works are the most important factors in my life, my family's life= That make us very happy as the good citizen in USA, Yes, Sir, I and My family work in local Soup Kitchen as the chef/ Cooks  for our local Homeless in  every months, 1 time per months, and  I shoot for Susan G. Komen  Cancer Pink Ribbon RUN in every years too.
Have a hreat work week ahead.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »