October 20, 2014, 02:16:52 PM

Author Topic: Custom Watermarks  (Read 2228 times)

bmbaker14

Custom Watermarks
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »
Ok so I thought of an idea that I would like to use for a watermark, but I have no idea how it can be done. You know how people use their actual signature and somehow make that as their watermark? Well I would like to in a way, incorporate this idea, but with not exactly my signature. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in helping me out? If you would like to help, please PM me and I will talk to you in detail, or if not thats cool to. I have what I want on paper, just need help to get it on the computer. Should I post a picture on here?

Thank you!

canon rumors FORUM

Custom Watermarks
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Watermarks
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:43 PM »
Create your watermark image and save it as a .png or jpeg file.  In Adobe lightroom, you can put it on published or even printed images.  You can also do simple text watermarks.

If you do not have Lightroom, there is software available at low cost (watermark factory), or even free. 

http://www.watermarkfactory.com/

bmbaker14

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Thank you Spokane, but I already know how to do the simple text style watermarks. What I would like to be done is what I have below (sorry for bad quality, camera phone) but I dont know how.

DavidRiesenberg

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
Thank you Spokane, but I already know how to do the simple text style watermarks. What I would like to be done is what I have below (sorry for bad quality, camera phone) but I dont know how.

I can do it for you in Illustrator. I'm off to bed now but I'll have it done in the morning if no one else has done it in the meantime.

bmbaker14

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Thank you so much David, I appreciate it!

samueljay

• Rebel T5i
  • 5D Mk III
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »
Wow! I reallly love your watermark bm! It's really great! Here it is in black on a transparent background. Let me know if you want it any other way (like sort of transparent?), nice work again. I assume you'll just whack it on your photos and drop the opacity? Wouldn't hurt to set up an action in Photoshop, so you can automate a batch watermark process, if you need help with that, just let me know :)
Gear: 5D Mk III <> 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II USM <> 50mm ƒ/1.2L USM <> 8-15mm ƒ/4L  USM <>  100mm ƒ/2.8L  Macro IS USM <> 40mm ƒ/2.8 <> 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM

bmbaker14

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Turned out great Samuel, I like it. Exactly what I was hopping for. And yes, that is what i'll plan on doing. Thank you.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »