September 30, 2014, 10:09:49 AM

Author Topic: Photo head on video sticks  (Read 454 times)

gjones5252

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Photo head on video sticks
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »
I purchased a great video tripod head and legs by satchler. I purposely paid not for the carbon fiber legs and would like to be able to use them for photo as well. The legs accept a 100mm bowl and as far as I can tell no photo heads will bowl mount. Does anyone know of an adapter? I tried googling but I don't think I am using the right search terms. I am going to Yellowstone and would love to get something but I am afraid it may be too late to order something. Any help is appreciated.

canon rumors FORUM

Photo head on video sticks
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »

BumpyMunky

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • I wonder what this button does...
    • View Profile
Re: Photo head on video sticks
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:38 AM »
I believe what you're looking for is called a "half ball adapter".

Something like this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/553991-REG/Manfrotto_500BALL_500BALL_100mm_Ball_Leveler.html

should do what you need.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
I purchased a great video tripod head and legs by satchler. I purposely paid not for the carbon fiber legs and would like to be able to use them for photo as well. The legs accept a 100mm bowl and as far as I can tell no photo heads will bowl mount. Does anyone know of an adapter? I tried googling but I don't think I am using the right search terms. I am going to Yellowstone and would love to get something but I am afraid it may be too late to order something. Any help is appreciated.

It you are in a hurry, rent a tripod and head from lens rentals.  They will get it to you quickly.  Otherwise, order the referenced adapter for expedited shipping.

gjones5252

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »
I waited to long. I just took an old tripod and made it work. Those are exactly what I was looking for. I will have to do some research and find a good quality one and then a photo head as well. I am glad to find out I can use those expensive legs for more than just one person.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »