April 16, 2014, 06:38:09 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII will come  (Read 39036 times)

iaind

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
5DIII will come
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
According to PlanetMitch 5D blog there is going to be a 5dIII as well as the C300 compatible DSLR.
The camera at launch was a restyled 1d body.
Only problem was no timescale was given.
5DIII + BGE11 / 5DII + BGE6 / 40D + BGE2N /8-15 4L / 17-35 2.8L / 24 3.5L TS-E / 24-105 4L IS /Zuiko 50 1.4/ 100 2.8L Macro IS / 70-200 2.8L / 300 4L / 100-400L

canon rumors FORUM

5DIII will come
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: 5DIII will come
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
Sure it will... this time next year =)
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:32:04 PM »
Only problem was no timescale was given.

That's kinda important in a prediction.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
The world will end. You have been warned. I suspect the 5DIII will come out sometime before that, but there are no gaurantees.

:P
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »
The world will end. You have been warned. I suspect the 5DIII will come out sometime before that, but there are no guarantees.

:P

At the rate things are going, its a question of which we will see first. ;)

willrobb

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 11:05:57 PM »
I'm so impressed with the 5DmkII the only thing about a 5DmkIII release that will make me happy is a further price drop in the mkII :-)

I say that now, but no doubt a souped up 5DmkIII at say half the price of a 1DX would no doubt put a lot of temptation my way....

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »
I'm so impressed with the 5DmkII the only thing about a 5DmkIII release that will make me happy is a further price drop in the mkII

I think the 5DII produces wonderful images, and I use it much more often than my 7D.  But everytime I use the 7D, I'm struck by how much better the AF system is, and how much room for imprevement there is in the 5DII's AF.  Sadly, I firmly believe they Canon will intentionally hobble it to increase separation from the 1D X.  Frame rate and build won't be enough, especially if the 5DIII is a high MP camera.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »

Picsfor

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 08:34:06 AM »
I'm gonna stick with my previous comment.

The 5 series will replace the 1Ds range.

Commercially, the pro's have shown they are more than willing to buy 2 5D's over a 1Ds.
It has been the large megapixel camera of choice for a few years now - and i suspect Canon will want to keep that option as well.

I have no doubt it will come with a single Digic 5 and an improved AF. By that i mean maybe 8 full cross hairs and the centre focus point being a new double cross hair. It might even increase the 17 points the 7D has, but the remaining additional points would be a single line focus point.

The Megapixel will be 30+ and the frame rate will pretty much stay the same. Remember, this is a studio, landscape camera.

It may well come with a USB3 connection, or even Thunderbolt - but i suspect USB3. It'll need something like that for the data transfer of those large file sizes.

The weather sealing may be upped a bit and an ability to hold 2 CF cards as per 1DX.

Sadly, i think the price may well be in the £2500 bracket, which is an increase on 5D2 opening prices - for many, still a bargain and a price point that would still have pros going out and ordering in pairs...

As for release date - after the 1Dx is actually available to buy but in time for the summer wedding market.
So let's say May! The northern hemisphere has an amazingly large wedding market, and nothing like a new camera to use gets the great pics and referred sales in for new weddings from guests!

Did i mention all those tourists coming to London for the Olympics? Yep - they'll all want a 5D3 for that once in a life time trip!

Next Spring will be a great time to buy a Canon camera  ;)

handsomerob

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:33:59 AM »
Quote from: neuroanatomist
I think the 5DII produces wonderful images, and I use it much more often than my 7D.  But everytime I use the 7D, I'm struck by how much better the AF system is, and how much room for imprevement there is in the 5DII's AF.  Sadly, I firmly believe they Canon will intentionally hobble it to increase separation from the 1D X.  Frame rate and build won't be enough, especially if the 5DIII is a high MP camera.

+1 that. Even though many of us expect to see 7D's AF in the 5DIII, Canon is unlikely to offer that. An all 9 cross-type AF as in the 60D seems more likely to be used in the 5DIII, or maybe a completely new AF system, something between 60D's and 7D's AF.

gonzalo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:34:17 AM »
Just bought a 5D MARK II at best price here in Spain 1659 € / 2281 Dollars, waiting for the next MARK IV or V at the same price.

Isaac

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:38 AM »
Yes, the Canon 5D mark III will come and hopefully soon.

Rebates are in action, stock is being pushed, some ridiculous deals are going on (5D2 body $1800). It seems that the 5D3 will be out in around 4-8 months.

Remember, announcements do come quick and swiftly. Canon release an event advert only a few weeks before and thus the 5D3 could come with a surprise.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:10:08 PM by Isaac »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »
Personally I am not in a much hurry! My 5DMkII is fine! I would want a better AF system, (real) weather resistance and even better noise handling (we can never have enough I guess...). I cannot understand however why suddenly 21Mpixels are not enough. Just my opinion... To stay on topic 100% I would guess photokina (as has happened with the previous series 5 cameras...)

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Personally I am not in a much hurry! My 5DMkII is fine! I would want a better AF system, (real) weather resistance and even better noise handling (we can never have enough I guess...). I cannot understand however why suddenly 21Mpixels are not enough. Just my opinion... To stay on topic 100% I would guess photokina (as has happened with the previous series 5 cameras...)

Good thing that banding does not bother you. Enjoy the Mk.II,  8) it has many thing s going for it.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »

dilbert

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »
Quote from: neuroanatomist

+1 that. Even though many of us expect to see 7D's AF in the 5DIII, Canon is unlikely to offer that. An all 9 cross-type AF as in the 60D seems more likely to be used in the 5DIII, or maybe a completely new AF system, something between 60D's and 7D's AF.

I'd like to see the same technology used for the 1DX AF put into the 5D3 - but without cluttering the viewfinder with so many AF points. Just 9 of them that all work 100% all of the time. The 7D AF layout isn't necessary in the 5D series.

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
I'm so impressed with the 5DmkII the only thing about a 5DmkIII release that will make me happy is a further price drop in the mkII

ditto , but i have the 1D mk3 instead of the 7D.

for landscapes I love the 5D 2 and for portraits (except shooting low key studio the AF is horrible) I have found changing the 5D2 to back buttom focus helps alot in being able to get focus lock with the center point using the back button then recompose and shoot only with the normal shutter release. My wife refuses to switch to back button focusing and when i use her 5D2 it frustrates me with the focus on the shutter release because the AF is that bad. Also if you are shooting Manual Focus its a non issue too.
I havent actually tried the 5dmk2 in AI servo yet so not sure how it will perform i'm expecting not well considering it only has 1 focus point worth using.
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »