August 20, 2014, 05:22:08 AM

Author Topic: C P S Central Warranties  (Read 1242 times)

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
C P S Central Warranties
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
Does anyone have any actual experience with CPS Central and claims?

The Gray Market 5Dmk3 that's listed on the front-page, the company says the warranty comes from that company.  Looking them up, I see some mixed reviews (mostly cell phones) so I shied away initially.

On Lens Authority, however, that is THEIR third party warranty, and I trust the LR people as much as here.

It's essentially an insurance plan that you have to use THEIR repair shop; just wanted to know if anyone has actually used them.

Thanks guys.

-Ernie
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

C P S Central Warranties
« on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: C P S Central Warranties
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »
Purchase with a credit card that doubles the warranty, and get a reliable warranty just in case the original does not pan out.

Call B&H or Adorama and see if they will match the price.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »
Purchase with a credit card that doubles the warranty, and get a reliable warranty just in case the original does not pan out.

You posted this 5 minutes after I decided to bite on it.  ;D

I gotta get serious about selling those bodies now.  Once you put high-priced stuff on CL, the jerk wads really come out.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 12:27:13 AM »

I gotta get serious about selling those bodies now.  Once you put high-priced stuff on CL, the jerk wads really come out.

If you want to sell it to me, I can send you a cashiers check, and make it out for a extra $5,000.  If you refund $2500 of that extra to me, you can keep the other $2500 for your service.  A Courier will pick up the camera tomorrow.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

If you want to sell it to me, I can send you a cashiers check, and make it out for a extra $5,000.  If you refund $2500 of that extra to me, you can keep the other $2500 for your service.  A Courier will pick up the camera tomorrow.
That'd be funny except I have been heavily using craigslist lately and . . . ye gods . . . I'm losing my mind.

Mt Spokane Photography

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »

That'd be funny except I have been heavily using craigslist lately and . . . ye gods . . . I'm losing my mind.

Our local Craigslist has been remarkably free of this type of thing for several months now.  They've changed it so that Robots have a tough time responding to listings.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
Our local Craigslist has been remarkably free of this type of thing for several months now.  They've changed it so that Robots have a tough time responding to listings.

I only had one "mail it to me" scam.  The responses all go to my spam folder (yahoo) which I can't seem to correct.  I suspect a lot of inquiries I respond to get lost in spam because I use the Craigslist mail.

One guy offered me $600 for a like-new 5Dmk2 . . . I just don't bother responding to these people.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »