June 24, 2018, 09:15:54 AM

Author Topic: Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM Purchase  (Read 15478 times)

Vikmnilu

• PowerShot G1 X II
Re: Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM Purchase
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »
Congrats on your new purchase!!! A lens that probably I will never own  :)

One question for all:

I have been checking the Canon refurbish site and I am wondering if they ship to Europe. Probably not, but asking doesn't harm... I have been trying to search for some form or email here in European site but did not find one.
If they would be able to ship items between canon headquarters in different continents that would be awesome, but I doubt so.

Once I contacted to Lensrentals for one interesting purchase but, despite I found a method to ship it to Europe, they only would accept american credit cards, so I returned to look at the expensive and annoying Finnish market  ::)

Enjoy your new purchases!!!  :D
5D III, Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM, Canon 24-70L f2.8 II, Canon 70-200L  f4, Canon 100mmL 2.8 IS macro USM, Canon 50 mm f 1.8 II, Canon 300mmL IS USM, TCs 1.4x II & 2x III, Canon 24mmL 1.4 II USM (on sale!), EOS M with 22mm f2.0 STM & 18-55mm IS STM

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »

DARSON

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 07:20:57 AM »
I don't believe Canon has ever offered a rebate on the 600mm lens.  I'd encourage you to check out canonpricewatch.com's current 'street price' deal – it's several hundred less than I paid for my 600 II around two years ago.
+1 on CPW-Street Price: http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/03580/Canon-EF-600mm-f4L-IS-II-USM-price.html

I recently bought 200mm f2 IS through them. A+ service from CPW. The best thing is the lens is BRAND NEW/SEALED from US authorized dealer(very well known) with Canon 1yr standard warranty. Couldn't ask for any better.

Does anyone knows if they selling it outside US. I'm not talking about this lens in particular. Just out of curiosity? Some great deals I see there
Regards

Eldar

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
I don't believe Canon has ever offered a rebate on the 600mm lens.  I'd encourage you to check out canonpricewatch.com's current 'street price' deal – it's several hundred less than I paid for my 600 II around two years ago.
+1 on CPW-Street Price: http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/03580/Canon-EF-600mm-f4L-IS-II-USM-price.html

I recently bought 200mm f2 IS through them. A+ service from CPW. The best thing is the lens is BRAND NEW/SEALED from US authorized dealer(very well known) with Canon 1yr standard warranty. Couldn't ask for any better.

Does anyone knows if they selling it outside US. I'm not talking about this lens in particular. Just out of curiosity? Some great deals I see there
Regards
You can get it in practically every country on earth. But the US has always had the lowest prices.

DARSON

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 07:37:53 AM »

Regards
You can get it in practically every country on earth. But the US has always had the lowest prices.

Excuse my lack of knowledge in this matter. Does this street price referres to price in any shop on the street or in particular shop.
Unfortunately the best prices here ( where I live) cannot beat those from  B&H photo after shipping and custom taxes ( only for more expensive bodies and lenses $2000+ )

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
My next lens is going to be the Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM.  I am an amateur and my photography is strictly for fun (lots of kids, sporting events, school trips, animals, charitable organizations).   I could buy the lens today or buy it next March - I will enjoy it once I get it but I am in no rush.  If the price stays the same, I would rather buy it today.  If I could save $500 or $1,000 - I would rather wait...

With the recent price drop of many of the Canon lenses, I am curious if canon will have a rebate / special deal on this lens in the next six months?  Maybe a Black Friday rebate?  I have not followed Canon's historical approach to pricing so I would really appreciate anyone thoughts...

Have a GREAT week and thanks to everyone who makes this forum so fun to follow!

tom

Dear Friend Mr. TAW.
Yes, Now the next  best thing for your 600 mm  is the 52 mm Drop-in Cir. PL to jass up the color of your Photos, And Stay in my 600 mm. most of the time, except in the night time of sport Photography. Yes, High cost, and only Canon made it. but it worth  the money as the PRO recommend.
Yes, Now = $ 240 US Dollars and MK II too, That design for 600 mm MK II.
Enjoy.
Surapon

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Drop-Circular-Polizer-Filter/dp/B005S8OLPO

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-52mm-Drop-In-Circular-Polarizer-Filter.aspx
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:02:38 AM by surapon »

NancyP

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »
Good grief. That DSLR looks like a peanut being held in an elephant's trunk. What a lens. (I have not seen it in person, the 500 f/4 v I used by some local birders looks huge enough next to my dainty 400 f/5.6L).

TAW

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
Thank you Friend Mr. Surapon.   I will get a chance to give the lens a good test drive this weekend!  ;D
It's not the the snake bite that kills you, it chasing after the snake.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »