October 24, 2014, 08:27:06 AM

Author Topic: Canon's bad marketing - big mistake  (Read 10096 times)

briansquibb

Re: Canon's bad marketing - big mistake
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »
I live in Belgium and am an amateur photographer

I stopped reading

So what stopped you reading - the fact that he is Belgian or that he is an amateur photographer?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:27:12 AM by briansquibb »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »

sawsedge

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
With the 5D3, Canon did exactly what I hoped they would do this time.   However, for those of you who want that high res sensor, I hope they make one of those too.

kdsand

• Canon 70D
  • Newt II a human stampede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »

I stopped reading

So what stopped you reading - the fact that he is Belgian or that he is an amateur photographer?

Agreed - very bad form.  :-[
60D, t2i, Magic Lantern, Manfrotto, Joby, Domke, SanDisk and excetera excetera

CowGummy

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • www.smrphotoart.com
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »

I stopped reading

Where are you from? And let's have a look at your portfolio. Got a link?
5DmkII   |  50 f/1.4  |  24-105L f/4  |  135L f/2  |  70-200L f/2.8 IS II  |  430exII

ippikiokami

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »
Hage

Use the camera before you say all of this

Thanks

Bennymiata

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »
The real reason why Nikon put a 36 megapickle sensor in the D800, is because Canon are selling so many more cameras than Nikon, and Nikon was depserate to have some extraordinary headline in order to try and get sales, even if that meant that the camera is lacking in the features that TURE PHOTOGRAPHERS really want and need.
No decent photographer needs even 22mp, but 36 is just asking for trouble as high ISO shooting is affected, and the FPS of the D800 is sorely lacking.
The 5D3 is a very well rounded camera and very useful for anyone from pros down.
It's a camera you do almost anything with from landscapes, to action - even in the dark, to portraits and the most demanding of all, weddings.

We'll see what sells more in a few months from now, the Nikon D800 or the 5D3.
I bet the 5D3 outsells it by a large margin just as every Canon outsells the equivalent Nikon model now.

From many of the photos I've seen, especially ones taken using high ISO settings, I think the Canon is superior.

And no, I Don't have a 5D3, or even have one on order.

Anyway, by the time you have to buy the Nikon software, which you get for free with the Canon, there isn't much of a price difference.

Neeneko

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »
No decent photographer needs even 22mp, but 36 is just asking for trouble as high ISO shooting is affected, and the FPS of the D800 is sorely lacking.

There are photographers that use 180MP digital backs, and the are pretty 'true'.
Some need high MP, some do not, it all depends on what they are doing.  Believe it or not there is more then one type of photographer out there.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

weber

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
Let me ask you some questions. How many people will actually buy a $3499.99 body only camera? And how many of those will actually understand MP does not mean everything. It is how those pixels perform, instead of how many you have packed inside.

Unfortunately, I don't think you should buy 5D3, because you don't even understand the basics. Even your 40D seems too much for you. Just buy Sony Cybershot WX7, 16MP! 6 Million more pixels than your 40D for a lot cheaper. Happy?

briansquibb

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
Let me ask you some questions. How many people will actually buy a $3499.99 body only camera? And how many of those will actually understand MP does not mean everything. It is how those pixels perform, instead of how many you have packed inside.

Me - I have done it twice

Unfortunately, I don't think you should buy 5D3, because you don't even understand the basics. Even your 40D seems too much for you. Just buy Sony Cybershot WX7, 16MP! 6 Million more pixels than your 40D for a lot cheaper. Happy?

I find that rather rude talking down to someone like that >:( >:( >:(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »