December 18, 2014, 04:04:58 PM

Author Topic: A Few EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]  (Read 26436 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
A Few EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »

We have received a couple of specs for the upcoming replacement to the EOS 7D which lead us to believe it will in fact be a “pro” APS-C camera.

There was no mention of video features or whether or not the camera would record 4K.

• EOS-1 style top plate, which means no mode dial.

• Pop-up flash, even with the new style top plate.

• WiFi & GPS will be internal. We all figured this one.

No other specs have been given to us as of yet.

cr

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:33:13 AM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

A Few EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »

TrabimanUK

• EOS M2
  • In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
But I like the mode dial.   I owned a 1DsII for a few months and could not get on with the annoying buttons that the 1 series have in place of the mode dial.  Having only 1 hand, the two-handed buggering about with button and dial on opposite sides of the camera is really difficult and a lot slower than just spinning the mode dial  :(

Glad this is just a CR1
Canon 1D, 5D, 5DIII, 70D, 60D, SX150-IR/UV, 50 f1.8, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM,
 Sigma 10 F2.8 EX DC DIAGONAL FISHEYE HSM,  12-24 DG HSM, 24-70 f2.8 IF EX DG HSM

Chaitanya

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
But I like the mode dial.   I owned a 1DsII for a few months and could not get on with the annoying buttons that the 1 series have in place of the mode dial.  Having only 1 hand, the two-handed buggering about with button and dial on opposite sides of the camera is really difficult and a lot slower than just spinning the mode dial  :(

Glad this is just a CR1

I guess they might have made bodies without dials for testing out in field. It just might not be easily recognised and leaked out in press before release. Final release camera will be different from these pre production test bodies.

King Eyre

• Power Shot G7X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
Re: A Few EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:54:32 AM »
For me, as a 1 Dx shooter, this would be great news although I appreciate it won't suit everyone.

I also hope it's got the same body style and battery as the 1 Dx, helps when travelling not to have to lug separate chargers, batteries etc.

Just give us equivalent AF performance and exposure comp in auto iso, perfect!!

George.

alistairm1

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
Could the lack of a mode dial indicate they are moving those to a touch screen, a la EOS M?

facedodge

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
If this is in a 1D body with built in battery grip, I can see a lot of enthusiasts disappointed. When the 80D or 90D comes out, they'll say that is what the 7D2 should have been.

pierlux

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
So, if this CR1 is true, should we expect an integrated grip body? I wouldn't dislike, though I've always been saying I'd prefer a non-gripped 7DII. Actually, the more I think about this (also re-reading some old threads on the topic), the more I appreciate the gripped option. The 1-style top plate points towards an integrated grip.

On a side note, this time I resolved not to be an early adopter, but really I don't know if I'll resist...

Can't wait for more reliable rumors!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »

Sjekster

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »
Can somebody explain to me HOW lack of a mode dial is a good thing? I've never really understood the button system on the 1D line. To me it seems to be a lot slower to switch modes like this.

Hope it's not a big body like 1DX, but will stay similar sized to 7D or 5D cameras. It would be a little strange to me to change the body size. Target audience will be a little bit different then, maybe. I wouldn't buy it, if this would happen, anyway :P

I want something bigger then 70D (I don't like the controls on that one, I want the joystick and the thumbwheel), but smaller than a pro body. Well, the size can be like the 70D, as long as it will have the 7D controls. If they move to pro body size, I hope the 80D will get the better 7D controls.

Seems I will be keeping the 7D a lot longer, if this turns out to be true. Or I might even switch to a 5D3 later on.

Niki

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/a-couple-of-eos-7d-mark-ii-specs-cr1/"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/a-couple-of-eos-7d-mark-ii-specs-cr1/">Tweet</a></div>
We have received a couple of specs for the upcoming replacement to the EOS 7D which lead us to believe it will in fact be a “pro” APS-C camera.</p>
<ul>
<li>EOS-1 style top plate, which means no mode dial.</li>
<li>Pop-up flash, even with the new style top plate.</li>
<li>WiFi & GPS will be internal. We all figured this one.</li>
</ul>
<p>No other specs have been given to us as of yet.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

waiting for more info….

c.d.embrey

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
How about some Pro Lenses to go with the Pro Body. Maybe a 9mm (14mm FF), a 17mm (27mm FF) and a 22mm (35mm FF). F/1.8 would be a good compromise between fast and light.

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »
Can somebody explain to me HOW lack of a mode dial is a good thing? I've never really understood the button system on the 1D line. To me it seems to be a lot slower to switch modes like this.

That's the point. You don't want the mode changing accidentally and more to the point, the mode doesn't change that often - less often than you change lens/camera.

King Eyre

• Power Shot G7X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
How about some Pro Lenses to go with the Pro Body. Maybe a 9mm (14mm FF), a 17mm (27mm FF) and a 22mm (35mm FF). F/1.8 would be a good compromise between fast and light.

I suspect we may see a replacement 100-400....says he hopefully!!

Sjekster

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:22 AM »

That's the point. You don't want the mode changing accidentally and more to the point, the mode doesn't change that often - less often than you change lens/camera.
That's why all the newer ones have the mode dial lock? ???

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:22 AM »

LuCoOc

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »

That's why all the newer ones have the mode dial lock? ???

Buttons are easier to seal than a dial. So this points to a more rugged body wich points to a pro-market with pro features and pro price? we will see. everything <2500$/€ is acceptable to me if it is speced right. Looking foreward to more info :)
7D - BG
3 Ls - 1 EF - 2 EF-s - 2 M42s
430EX II - YN560-III

SoullessPolack

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 11:23:46 AM »

Us pros typically shoot in one of three modes.  Manual, TV, or AV.  We don't change these often, and many of us, me included, never change our mode.  I always use manual.  No point having a giant dial on the camera when most of your users will barely ever, or ever, use it.  Much easier to implement a button system at that point.  It's all about the economics of scale.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 11:23:46 AM »