December 18, 2014, 02:39:51 AM

Author Topic: Only 4.3 mil.  (Read 2978 times)

Kamera Obscura

Only 4.3 mil.
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »
For any of these great pictures of Arthur Erickson waterfall building.

Cash only!

Thanks,
Dario.

Ohh! of course all shoot with a real Canon products.

canon rumors FORUM

Only 4.3 mil.
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

Edwin Herdman

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: Only 4.3 mil.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »
Haha.  "World's priciest Photograph...bland"

I like the picture set a lot, but if I had 4.3 mil. I could recreate that scene including the water and glass :)

Kamera Obscura

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Haha,  :o

Certainly played on that tread. I just don't see the value. Besides I like these better, LOL)))

Be cool my friends,
Dario.

HurtinMinorKey

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:06:27 PM »
If someone had showed me this thrown into a random flickr account of someones ametuer photography I wouldn't have blinked an eye.  Rich people are assholes and must be stopped at all costs.

Hey if it wasn't for rich people and their "superior" taste, we'd never have known who Picasso was (see Gertrude Stein).  By this i mean, if it wasn't for rich people, recklessly bidding up the price of essentially worthless objects, there'd be no market for so called art.  So thanks to them, even hacks like me can hope to score it big, if all I have to do is impress a lonely, nursing-home heiress.   :P

wockawocka

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
You can have this one for 2.9 million.

1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

Jettatore

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
If someone had showed me this thrown into a random flickr account of someones ametuer photography I wouldn't have blinked an eye.  Rich people are assholes and must be stopped at all costs.

Hey if it wasn't for rich people and their "superior" taste, we'd never have known who Picasso was (see Gertrude Stein).  By this i mean, if it wasn't for rich people, recklessly bidding up the price of essentially worthless objects, there'd be no market for so called art.  So thanks to them, even hacks like me can hope to score it big, if all I have to do is impress a lonely, nursing-home heiress.   :P

Art is communication.  It can be as simple as communicating an emotion or gesture, or as complicated as telling an entire story.  Monetizing art and assigning it arbitrary value, and the suppression or popularization of art is a different story -more closely tied into the general insanity we all suffer through whether we recognize it or not.  I'm not going to evaluate art based on how much it sold for or how popular it is, the message/communication and what it means to me is all I care of, and this is simply a silly case of extremes.  But I understand what you were trying to say and I hope you the best, and if that means scoring big, best of luck to you, score huge.

p.s. dance monkey dance
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:13:56 PM by Jettatore »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »