September 30, 2014, 10:45:02 AM

Author Topic: I just saw a 7D refurb on canon's website listed @ 40% off.  (Read 1290 times)

wsmith96

• 7D
  • Texas
    • View Profile
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: I just saw a 7D refurb on canon's website listed @ 40% off.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »
I'm sure they aren't selling.  Note that they want you to lay out $230 for a battery grip, and $$ for a spare battery.

The Price for the body is pretty good, but I've had two 7D's and am more interested in the next FF model.

ahsanford

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »
This will happen more often, similar to the 5D2 at time of the 5D3 launch.  The 7D is going to be obsoleted, and we all know it, so it's just a question of how low everyone needs to go with all these specials before realities (like grips, batteries, etc.) are trumped by emotions ("but it was soooo cheap!").

Also:  EOS-M.  It's the same price-drops-and-drops-and-drops-until-you-bite scenario, albeit for very different reasons than the 7D and 5D2.  I've recently seen EOS-M kits with the EF-M 18-55 for something comical, like $249.  They are, in effect, giving those away.

- A

wsmith96

• 7D
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
It was just a posting for a sale price that some may be interested in.   Wasn't intending for an in depth analysis on Canon's logic for such a discount, or why you would choose full frame because the 7D battery grip is still MSRP. 

Thank goodness you were around play police for such topics.

Jeez.
 :o
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »
It was just a posting for a sale price that some may be interested in.   Wasn't intending for an in depth analysis on Canon's logic for such a discount, or why you would choose full frame because the 7D battery grip is still MSRP. 

Thank goodness you were around play police for such topics.

Jeez.
 :o

I choose FF because its so much better than crop.  I've had two 7D's, they were good (at the time) for a crop.  I was merely pointing out that they were not taking 40% off a grip or battery, so they are no bargain.  I never use a add-on grip, they have been less than satisfactory for me.

The prices for used 7D's will bounce up later this year, so it is a good time to grab one.  Get the lens combo deal for $100 more and resell the lens.

Twostones

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
The 40% off price in no longer shown. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »