I have 35L 50L,135L,200L trying to get 1-2 new lens to travel
1.wish list/ (16-35f2.8 or f4) (24-70 f2.8II) (70-200mm f2.8 or 70-200mm f4)
2.would you sell 35L or 200L when u get 16-35 or 70-200?
3.which 3 lens would u take to travel? and street photography
advice anyone? thanks ^^
The below setup would be a great travel setup for street photography:
1. 24mm f/1.4L II
* Your go-to wide angle lens. Works great even in low light shooting people, good for capturing the whole environment which your 35mm can't do. And, for street photography it is extremely rare that you'd need or want anything wider than 24mm. Possible, of course, if you are in a big crowd and want to focus on only one person - then 16mm is useful, but other than that use scenario 24mm should cover you.
2. 50mm f/1.2L
* Your go to normal lens. Has a special quality that captures emotion due to the wide aperture and spherical aberration - great for street photog. Again, fantastic in low light.
3. 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS
* Not the best IQ available, but is excellent for street photog due to its small size, light, low profile, and definitely more than good enough quality; it will help you remain unnoticed to capture candid moments. Best used in daytime as it is a slow lens. Remember, you have the 200L if you need maximum telephoto quality.
* The 70-200 lenses are pretty large and obvious, which can turn people off - the f/4 is long and white, while fhe f/2.8 is long, thick, heavy and white - neither great for street photog as they are both attention grabbers.
* Your current 135L is another option, but it will not give you the zoom flexibility or reach which is helpful with telephoto lenses.
* This is really the best compact and discreet telephoto zoom option.