November 20, 2014, 06:26:08 PM

Author Topic: Remote Shutter not firing on Rokinon 14mm 2.8  (Read 367 times)

irish_guy

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Remote Shutter not firing on Rokinon 14mm 2.8
« on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I have a 6D and bought a Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens for shooting the milky way.  Unfortunately, neither of my 2 remotes work and I was hoping one of the knowledgeable folks on this forum could help me.  I've searched and found people have recommended adjusting the custom function for "release shutter without lens" - however I can't find that menu option on the 6D.

Here's what happens when I try my remotes:
- the wired remote does nothing (Zeikos brand).  Press and hold it, and nada.
- the wireless remote (Pearstone Freewave brand) will immediately release the shutter as soon as I plug the receiver into the 6D.  Hitting the remote does nothing, and the only way to close the shutter is to unplug the wireless cord going into the 6D remote terminal.

These issues occur regardless of what mode I'm in - M, Av, etc.  I'm able to fire the camera normally using the button on camera, but want to reduce any camera shake with the remote.

Has anyone come across this, or know how to fix/resolve it so that I can get back to using my trusty remotes?

Thanks for your help in advance!

canon rumors FORUM

Remote Shutter not firing on Rokinon 14mm 2.8
« on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:11 AM »

irish_guy

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Shutter not firing on Rokinon 14mm 2.8
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:09:30 AM »
Just "fixed" it.  I removed the battery and after putting it back in - everything is working normally.  Not sure why it fixed it though, but it did.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Remote Shutter not firing on Rokinon 14mm 2.8
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:09:30 AM »