December 22, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

Author Topic: CREATING SLIDESHOWS - Your Tips, Software and MUSIC!  (Read 1026 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
CREATING SLIDESHOWS - Your Tips, Software and MUSIC!
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
Another thread just popped up asking about slideshow software.  This reminded me that I've been meaning to ask the CR community...

-  Favorite Authoring Software?  (ProShow, PicturesToExe, etc),
-  Tips on making a great slideshow and most important...
HOW/WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR MUSIC?  The music part has always been my biggest challenge.  I am usually interested in fast paced rock/pop music because my slideshows are about youth summer camps, etc and need to convey energy, fun and excitement.

I use ProShow Gold & Producer and I want to give PicturesToExe another try sometime when I have the time.  Any other winners out there?
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

CREATING SLIDESHOWS - Your Tips, Software and MUSIC!
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: CREATING SLIDESHOWS - Your Tips, Software and MUSIC!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
animoto.com... does it all for you
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »

Do you use animoto?  It looks pretty interesting.  I'm wondering if it would be a good fit for our scout troop (non-profit) for the scouts to use to create videos.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »

Do you use animoto?  It looks pretty interesting.  I'm wondering if it would be a good fit for our scout troop (non-profit) for the scouts to use to create videos.

Yes i do...  Here's a slideshow i've done with animoto, my daughter is in the hospital so this slideshow is still being added to as a tribute to her time there so it is not finalized...  you have hundreds of songs/genres... can add multiple songs, etc... vimeo.com/102168544
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Tabor Warren Photography

• EOS M2
  • I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
    • View Profile
    • Tabor Warren Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »
Here is one I put together to showcase some of our maternity work; http://photosbytabor.com/tulsa-maternity-photography/. I also utilized Animoto.

Cheers,
-Tabor
Bodies: 5D mk III x3, 5D mk. II, 7D, & 60D
Lenses: 17-40mm f/4L, 24mm f/1.4L, 35mm f/1.4L, 70-200mm f/2.8L ISII, 85 f/1.2L II, & 100mm f/2.8L
Flashes: 600EX-RT x2, 430 EX II, and Godox PB960 x2 | To see my work head on over to http://photosbytabor.com

saigon

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:24 AM »
Good tunes enliven a slideshow. I prefer using instrumentals and nice cover versions for audio.
As for s/w I've used MovieMaker, Wondershare Editor and Smartshow 3D.
The last one has some pretty good 3D effects and runs quite fast. Here their samples are: http://smartshow-software.com/slideshows.php

Maximilian

• Canon 7D MK II
  • The dark side - I've been there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:08:12 AM »
HOW/WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR MUSIC?  The music part has always been my biggest challenge.  I am usually interested in fast paced rock/pop music because my slideshows are about youth summer camps, etc and need to convey energy, fun and excitement.
Hi Rusty!

If your question is aming at "how to find the right music" here's my answer:
Think about your favorite movies.
Movie soundtrack is always about creating emotions. Think about the emotions you want to point out at your pictures and about when you got these feelings during a movie.
Also consider, if instrumental or vocal music is better for your purpose. Sometimes vocals are distracting.
Again movie soundtrack delivers you a lot of instrumental music.

"Where to find" is not so difficult IMHO, thinking about i-tunes, etc.

PS.: If your Slideshows are not for private purpose, keep music rights management in mind.
sometimes you have to close your eyes to see properly.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:08:12 AM »