October 23, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

Author Topic: 6D MKII  (Read 41185 times)

JohanCruyff

• EOS 80D
Re: 6D MKII
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
It would be a much more attractive option if it had the joystick for focus point selection. I honestly like a lot of what the current 6D offers.

Personally, I'd say a joystick for 11 af points (10 non-crosspoint, one only crosspoint at f4+) is overkill - these few points are selected quickly with the multicontroller. Coming from the 60d, I feel very at home with the right-hand only layout of the 6d.

+1   Coming from 450D, ergonomics in 6D are also very great for my hands. Multicontroller is easy and fast to use. Haven't use joystick though...
I must be a really weird person, but I never liked my (classic) 5D's joystick.
When I wanted to switch from the central point to a top-right AF point, for example, it happened to select the top or the right AF point by mistake.
I prefer my current 70D multi-controller (6D like, AFAIK).

Italian amateur. Gear: 6D, 70D, various lenses
My Android Trivia App for Music/Movie Experts: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=threeviasoftware.threevia&hl=en

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »

JohnBran

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »

Agreed - which in turn can make it a bit awkward for anyone below that level. It's not I wouldn't recommend Canon to entry-level shooters, esp. because of Magic Lantern, but purchasing at 6d price and below imho warrants a good comparison with Nikon/Sony.

The best summary of us who have been long time with Canon and are now looking to move up to FF.  Feature/Price is big consideration and Canon is just not competitive in Europe on that level. They are much better in US but hey that's not where i will be purchasing.
But i'll still wait for a while to see if there are any announcements regarding 6DMkII. I'm familiar with Canon systems so ultimately would like to stay with Canon. 6DMkII will be my decision point. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »