October 31, 2014, 07:10:08 PM

Author Topic: Flash- Second-Curtain Sync question, Sir/ Madam.  (Read 468 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
Flash- Second-Curtain Sync question, Sir/ Madam.
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
Dear Teachers and Friends.
Yes, Every time that I  do not have a complete understanding of Photography Technique, I must ask you, my dear teachers and my dear Friends---And I get all the answers that I need to improve my Photographic skill.
In my Life ( Photography Hobby) I just use / Set up The Second-Curtain Sync. Flash a few times, To Create  the Light Trail following the Car( for the back ground) in the night time , with my wife  at the main subject, When I use super slow  speed shutter, and the flash fire right before the shutter closes.
The Question is:
Sir/ Madam, Do you  use the Flash Second-Curtain Sync with any  type of  photography else?---Such as the Portrait Photography,  Candid Photography or Artistic Photography ?
Thanks you Sir/ Madam.
Have a good Saturday Night.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

Flash- Second-Curtain Sync question, Sir/ Madam.
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Flash- Second-Curtain Sync question, Sir/ Madam.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »
If you're shooting in the rain with a flash, second-curtain will make the rain look like it going down.  First-curtain will make it look like it is going up!

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
If you're shooting in the rain with a flash, second-curtain will make the rain look like it going down.  First-curtain will make it look like it is going up!

Jim

Wow, Super Thanks, Dear Friend Jim.
I never try before, And I will try at next time , when heavy rain come-----May be I must use the Neutral Density Filter too, For Slow shutter Speed in the day light Rain and  Second- Curtain Sync Flash.--Yes, I will try Both setting= Up and down Raining.
Yes, Sir, I will report back to you.
Thanks again.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »