September 18, 2014, 02:15:36 AM

Author Topic: Playing For Change  (Read 290 times)

DominoDude

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Playing For Change
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
A shot of Grandpa Elliott from tonight's concert with Playing For Change. (I've got some 470 more, with gritty noise and all, so you might expect to see a few more later on.)
Yesterday I tried to toss an egg on someone against the wind. Today the yolk's on me.

canon rumors FORUM

Playing For Change
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Playing For Change
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »
Nice shot, great lighting!
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
Very nice shot.  Keep posting.

DominoDude

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:24:30 AM »
Thanks, you guys!
I'll dive into the editing of a few more now. It was a hellish night to shoot in - I had so much rain on my glasses, in the viewfinder, and the cameras joystick stopped working in a few directions due to all rain. At times I didn't know what I was directing focus at at all. My old Sigma 50/1.4 soon got shifted into something a tad more weathersealed, and my trustworthy 70-200/4L also gave me more focused shots.
Yesterday I tried to toss an egg on someone against the wind. Today the yolk's on me.

DominoDude

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:23 AM »
On the 1st we have Grandpa Elliott again, and then Clarence Bekker (focus is on the dreadlock over his eye). On keyboards in the background is "Babyhands", and to the right is Titi Tsira. Tried to crop so I shouldn't get any silhouette heads in the frame, but it just didn't turn out ok, so had to deal with it as it is.

The 2nd photo is of Tula. Her voice is like velvet for the ears, and she is not entirely painful to look at. ;)
The Sigma can't do her justice even on a good day, but I will return with shots of her later, by a lens that is slightly more flattering.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:23 AM »