June 20, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

Author Topic: An approach towards Medium Format (MF).  (Read 7803 times)

briansquibb

Re: An approach towards Medium Format (MF).
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »

Another way to use the same system might be to accomodate TS-E lenses though, I remember reading an article on a russsian MF system that used the 17mm and 24mm TS-E's with good results while retaining some shift functionally. Those lenses might be rarer than normal EF's but I'd guess there pretty common with seriously Canon FF landscape/architecture users(and likely represent there largest lens investment) who would be an obvious market for MF.

The TSE-24 II is a cracking 24mm lens in its own right. The bonus is that you also get tilt and shift is you want it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »

dr croubie

• EOS 5DS R
  • Too many photos, too little time.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
Another way to use the same system might be to accomodate TS-E lenses though, I remember reading an article on a russsian MF system that used the 17mm and 24mm TS-E's with good results while retaining some shift functionally. Those lenses might be rarer than normal EF's but I'd guess there pretty common with seriously Canon FF landscape/architecture users(and likely represent there largest lens investment) who would be an obvious market for MF.

Don't say Russian when it's actually Ukranian, either or both of them might get annoyed and throw Wodka at you...

I think you might have been thinking of this: http://hartblei.de/en/canon-tse-collar.htm (look near the bottom). Basically it holds your TS-E lens in place while the camera shifts, parallax-free stitching.

Or more than likely you're thinking about this: http://hartblei.de/en/hartbleicam5.htm
It's basically a fancy adapter that lets you use any MF back (like up to Leaf Aptus or Phase One's 80MP backs), with any Medium Format or EF lens. Not quite sure about how it works, it's something like you attach an MF prism to focus the lens, then slide the board over to where the digital back is and fire the shutter. Getting a 17mm TS-E or 8-15 fisheye projected onto a 645 Digital back..... mmmmmmmmm
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »