Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Your next high resolution display will be.... an APPLE 5K

(1/5) > >>

xps:
Apple will release an 5k Display. Apple iMac 27" Retina

I am no Apple fan, but this display will be one to buy - if you want to have an extraordinary good look at your photographs :-)

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/10/16Apple-Introduces-27-inch-iMac-with-Retina-5K-Display.html

Bennymiata:
Looks amazing.

LetTheRightLensIn:
Actually I bet the Dell 5k will be the one to buy. Unlike the Apple display it will have programmable uniformity compensation and a programmable internal high bit LUT (just like their UP2414Q UHD screen). The Dell 5k will also likely (and hopefully) use the same expensive and fancy variable direct current LED brightness control instead of PWM that the Dell UP2414Q does.

14MP 27" screens will be pretty amazing  ;D.

I think the price will come down a lot if you wait 12 months though. For now I'm glad I got the UP2414Q as it was $900-something and these are, for the Dell at least, starting at $2500. But seeing the way the UP2414Q fell from $1300 to $800 in less than a year I bet the 27" 5k will be down to $1500-1600 by next Christmas.

neuroanatomist:
Nice!

I'm not planning on getting an iMac, but I hope the advent of large Retina displays means we'll see the return of the 17" MacBook Pro before mine gets too much longer in the tooth (but then, it's still running fine, and with the 960 GB SSD I put in it's quite snappy).

Northstar:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on October 16, 2014, 08:03:27 PM ---Nice!

I'm not planning on getting an iMac, but I hope the advent of large Retina displays means we'll see the return of the 17" MacBook Pro before mine gets too much longer in the tooth (but then, it's still running fine, and with the 960 GB SSD I put in it's quite snappy).

--- End quote ---

I'm with you Neuro, and i'm hoping that if they do come out with a 17" mbp, it will be super thin and lite like the new 1/4 inch thick iPad air 2!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version