September 20, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

Author Topic: KatzEye Focusing Screen  (Read 18455 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: KatzEye Focusing Screen
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »
I really would like to know why the 5D is left out in the cold here.  Canon has the split and cross-split screens available for both the 1D and 1Ds.  So it's obviously not a full-frame issue.
I'd like to understand that, too.

I suppose it's one more way of differentiating the 'pro' line from the 'prosumer' line.  The 5DII has two other focsuing screens available, the 1DsIII has 7 or 8, including a set that mask alternate aspect ratios (e.g. 4x5).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 10:00:37 AM »

Ryusui

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »
I really would like to know why the 5D is left out in the cold here.  Canon has the split and cross-split screens available for both the 1D and 1Ds.  So it's obviously not a full-frame issue.
I'd like to understand that, too.

I suppose it's one more way of differentiating the 'pro' line from the 'prosumer' line.  The 5DII has two other focsuing screens available, the 1DsIII has 7 or 8, including a set that mask alternate aspect ratios (e.g. 4x5).
Yea, that's kind of what I figured.  And I guess unfortunately not a lot of people are clammoring to get these other screens for their 5D or 7D so it wouldn't make any difference to their bottom line to open them up to the prosumer market.  Oh well...just another reason for me to move to the 1D X when it releases.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »