June 25, 2018, 10:22:00 AM

Author Topic: Here's my Pentax 645z review from a long term Canon user  (Read 33502 times)

Danielle

• EOS Rebel T7i
    • D.Judd Photographics
Re: Here's my Pentax 645z review from a long term Canon user
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »
Is there.... a WOMAN here?  :o

Yes there is, so watch out. Haha
In the end, only the image matters... Not what equipment you used to get there.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »

AlanF

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 04:03:40 AM »
Stop mucking around with these small format cameras. Go the whole hog - no worries about diffraction effects with this jumbo and an f/32 lens.
5D IV, 5DS R, 400mm DO II, 1.4xTC III, 2xTC III, EF 1.8 STM,  EF 24-105, 100-400 II, EF-S 15-85, Sigma 150-600mm C, EOS-M5 15-45, f/2 22, 11-22, Samyang 8mm f/2.8 fisheye: sold 7D II, EOS-M, Powershot G3 X,  Sigma 10-20, EF 300/2.8 II, 70-200/4 IS.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »
I've been asked a few times by forum members that when I review the Pentax 645z if I could post it in the forum.

Here it is: http://chrisgilesphotography.com/blog/pentax-645z-review-pt1-the-journey/

There's a fair bit there to go through and I cover the dynamic range, ergonomics, flash system and if you're in the mood 5.4gb of Pentax raw files for you to play with.

Look, I hate to break it to you but even though you're a successful wedding photographer, if you need to pull a photo 4.5 stops to recover shadows then you're not exposing it correctly. Just as Sporgon or Neuro or any of the others who rant on about how good DR isn't required if you know how to expose a shot correctly. Successful you may be but know how to take photograph's you simply don't - just ask any of the CR experts that have predetermined that pulling shadows is just wrong.

Oh, you mentioned that it has no AA filter. Shame on you because you won't be able to take any interesting photographs due to moire. There are many more photography experts here that can remind you of this.

I mean seriously, don't you read these forums and know these things already?
I'd also like to add that extra DR is not needed in a studio enviroment.  ::) ::) ::)
https://www.photigy.com/pentax-645z-review-part-3-comparisons-of-the-dynamic-range/

wockawocka

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »
I've been asked a few times by forum members that when I review the Pentax 645z if I could post it in the forum.

Here it is: http://chrisgilesphotography.com/blog/pentax-645z-review-pt1-the-journey/

There's a fair bit there to go through and I cover the dynamic range, ergonomics, flash system and if you're in the mood 5.4gb of Pentax raw files for you to play with.

Look, I hate to break it to you but even though you're a successful wedding photographer, if you need to pull a photo 4.5 stops to recover shadows then you're not exposing it correctly. Just as Sporgon or Neuro or any of the others who rant on about how good DR isn't required if you know how to expose a shot correctly. Successful you may be but know how to take photograph's you simply don't - just ask any of the CR experts that have predetermined that pulling shadows is just wrong.

Oh, you mentioned that it has no AA filter. Shame on you because you won't be able to take any interesting photographs due to moire. There are many more photography experts here that can remind you of this.

I mean seriously, don't you read these forums and know these things already?

Hi Dilbert, I understand that some folks are naturally defensive about shortcomings of other cameras, if you like you can take resolve in reading my 5DSr review which is in my signature where I clearly state the benefits of having that 4.5 stops of recovery and how I only use it for a specific use.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »