September 20, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

Author Topic: How To Win a 5D Mark II Just By Opening a Box  (Read 7923 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
How To Win a 5D Mark II Just By Opening a Box
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
From B&H B&H is running an exciting video contest! We want our fans and customers to capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and then share it with their friends. And of course, enter the contest for the chance to win a Canon 5D Markll.

Rules Capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and enter to win a DSLR camera or a Shoot & Share Camcorder. Keep it simple! Any video capture device welcome.

Official B&H Unboxing Contest Page

Examples

I used to think unboxing videos were kind of boring, not anymore. I’m sure a few boxes will be opened in the next week or so.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

How To Win a 5D Mark II Just By Opening a Box
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »

EOBeav

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Landscape Photoblog
Re: How To Win a 5D Mark II Just By Opening a Box
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
I just ordered a 5DmkII from B&H. What would I ever do with two?  ;D
In landscape photography, when you shoot is more important than where.

Gear: Canon 5DmkII, 17-40mm f/4 L, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/4.

Ryusui

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
As usual in my life...too little, too late.  I unboxed my 70-200 just a few weeks before this video contest.  I would have loved to have given a 5D Mk II to my friend.

Orangutan

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »
The rules say "no purchase required."  OK, so how do I unbox something if I haven't bought from them?  Make my own box?

Ryusui

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »
I'm guessing that actually means "no purchase by the entrant is necessary to enter or win."  So in other words, if you are given some B&H merchandise by someone as a gift or as payment, etc.  The rules also say nothing about having to remove the contents from the B&H mailer box that they send these in.  Just, "a B&H product being removed from its packaging" which I take to mean the manufacturer's original packaging.

Maybe it's not too late for me to enter after all...lucky I keep everything for all my expnsive purchases...box, plastic wraps, twist ties...  Sounds like a re-boxing and un-boxing is in my future!

Orangutan

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
I'm guessing that actually means "no purchase by the entrant is necessary to enter or win." 

I don't think they can do that.  I believe that, under U.S. law, if anyone has to buy something then it's considered a raffle, not a give-away, and governed by more restrictive law.

Any lawyers out there want to offer some free counsel?   :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »