December 07, 2016, 05:48:44 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III Sooner Than Later [CR2]  (Read 40000 times)

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
Re: 5D Mark III Sooner Than Later [CR2]
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
i think its only a matter of time before someone makes an app that can do everything the promote can. while the promote looks nice, its expensive, and just another thing to carry around. an iphone/ ipad app would be awesome. perhaps the promote people should beat everyone to the punch and make the app first, I mean they are already out in front with having a working product. the biggest problem for them is they cant charge so much for an app but then they dont have all the manufacturing costs and they would no doubt increase the volume of sale by orders of magnitudes. I would love to be able to just plug my phone in and have it control AEB, intervalometer, time lapse, bulb and all that other good stuff, im sure they could make a little bluetooth dongle that plugs to the camera and links to the iphone that way since apple seem to be ultra protectionist of anything accessing ceertain features of the phone over a usb cable.

Another app that I would love to see is something that give you the ability to use the phone as a USB host to copy cards onto portable harddrives thus eliminately the need for a laptop while traveling
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

Re: 5D Mark III Sooner Than Later [CR2]
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »