How would you compare this lens to the Canon f/1.4 or 1.2 L (if you have used them) I have read mixed reviews about this lens.
Love the B&W shot!
Thank you Leopard Lupus.
Good question, I have never used Canon's 1.4, 1.2 or 1.0. I decided to go with Carl Zeiss for the following reasons
- I had the opportunity to buy the first batch to arrive in New York.
- It is a Carl Zeiss lens
- I wanted a different image quality than those of Canon and 3rd party lenses
- All metal construction and German engineering intrigued me
- I wanted to try a manual focus lens that has a native EF mount. I do not want to deal with adapters.
- I wanted a very unique 50
I may supplement this with a 50L if Canon were to sell one that is 1.0 or faster.Untitled
, on Flickr