Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

Travel / carry bags

(1/4) > >>

Crapking:
Santa left some gift cards and wondering which day bags people prefer?

Looking for over -the -shoulder, light models to carry a 7D with grip, 70-200, + 3-4 lenses and a flash.
Currently using the BlackRapid  RS-5 Strap but hoping to add something for accessories.

Also looking to upgrade bag to travel by air.

Just read that Scott Kelby is using the Think Tank series - any comments / suggestions on preferred models, alternate brands ?

Will be adding a second FF body in March (assuming I can get my hands on a 1Dx - any info on pre-ordering would be appreciated).

UncleFester:
There is a recent backpack thread around here somewhere with some good ideas and favorites.

I recently bought the ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive and I really like it. And I'm no fan of backpacks. Hate them. I spent the first 5 years of photography carrying everything around in a paper bag.

wickidwombat:
speaking of think tank i recently got the belt which i use with some peak design captures, it works really well

scottkinfw:
I have tons of bags.  They look great in the store, and it isn't until I use them that I find out what I don't like.

I have found that some don't hold tripods, and some hold them on the side.  Both bad if you need a tripod.  In the latter case, when you put the pack on your back, it is always pulling to the heavier side.

That said, I am currently using Thinktank Airport Takeoff.  I like it because it converts to a roller or back pack.  It fits all overheads, including international flights.  Great quality.

sek

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on December 27, 2011, 10:04:55 PM ---speaking of think tank i recently got the belt which i use with some peak design captures, it works really well

--- End quote ---

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: scottkinfw on December 27, 2011, 11:49:40 PM ---I have tons of bags.  They look great in the store, and it isn't until I use them that I find out what I don't like.

I have found that some don't hold tripods, and some hold them on the side.  Both bad if you need a tripod.  In the latter case, when you put the pack on your back, it is always pulling to the heavier side.

That said, I am currently using Thinktank Airport Takeoff.  I like it because it converts to a roller or back pack.  It fits all overheads, including international flights.  Great quality.

sek

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on December 27, 2011, 10:04:55 PM ---speaking of think tank i recently got the belt which i use with some peak design captures, it works really well

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
is there anything you dont like about it? looks pretty good, i have a lowepro sling but i've been finding perhaps a backpack might be better and having wheels is a good idea too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version