October 25, 2014, 06:58:01 PM

Author Topic: Any way to see which posts you got positive karma for?  (Read 8622 times)

92101media

Any way to see which posts you got positive karma for?
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
Hi there,

Is there any way to see which posts you got positive karma for? I had a quick look in my profile info & couldn't see any way how you can determine that info. I don't really care who gave me the positive karma, but I think it would be interesting to get feedback on which of one's posts the community most appreciates.

canon rumors FORUM

Any way to see which posts you got positive karma for?
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to see which posts you got positive karma for?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
There is no way to know, but I see you have posted many thoughtful and helpful replies, so a few rewarded you.

No one can view the source of Karma.  Thats how it should be, we don't want retaliation or Karma wars.

I've given you a + for the good question, so you know where that one came from.

Harley

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »
+1 to each of you...
EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX, FD TS 35mm f/2.8, FL 55mm f/1.2, FD 300mm f/2.8 L

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
Karma Group hug! +1 for everyone :D
APS-H Fanboy

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
Karma Group hug! +1 for everyone :D

and +1 to you wickidwombat!

elflord

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »
No one can view the source of Karma.  Thats how it should be, we don't want retaliation or Karma wars.

I think we all agree that no one should be able to view who awarded karma.

But he wants to know which post resulted in karma. How would knowing which posts where rewarded karma invite retaliation or karma wars ? (btw, retaliation and "karma wars" would be very inconvenient to wage if it were not possible to award karma and post in the same thread!)

D_Rochat

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
What's the point of this Karma system anyways? Is it to encourage people to be civil in the forums or what? I've read some interesting and helpful posts from people with a lot of bad Karma and it makes me wonder why they have it. I just assume people click bad Karma if they don't agree with something they may have read, but who knows.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
What's the point of this Karma system anyways? Is it to encourage people to be civil in the forums or what? I've read some interesting and helpful posts from people with a lot of bad Karma and it makes me wonder why they have it. I just assume people click bad Karma if they don't agree with something they may have read, but who knows.

basically, I think you will find most people very very helpfull on this site, plenty of strong opinions and sometime heated discussions, but overall its a massive pool of knowledge and experience that can be tapped very quickly.
APS-H Fanboy

Harley

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
basically, I think you will find most people very very helpfull on this site, plenty of strong opinions and sometime heated discussions, but overall its a massive pool of knowledge and experience that can be tapped very quickly.

Hear, hear!
EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX, FD TS 35mm f/2.8, FL 55mm f/1.2, FD 300mm f/2.8 L

aldvan

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 05:11:27 AM »
I fully agree with D_Rochat. Once, after some days that I didn't connect with the forum,  I found  suddenly a lot of bad karma. Obviously that doesn't spoil my day :-) but I would be curious to know the awful things that I could do to get such a bad reputation!
Actually, and not for personal reasons :-),  I think that good karma is a good system for rewarding good advices/opinions, but that bad karma could be just  a way to express anonymously bad feelings and that is useful in no way...

aldvan

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
QED... I've just got a -1 for expressing, moderately, an opinion...  ;D

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
Personally I won't give a negative unless the person is using profanity, or just being insulting.  I have no problem with a strong opinion even when I go the other way, but I don't like insults.

That said, I kind of ignore the Karma thing.  One person can give you one negative on the same post every 2 hours.  So say one thing that someone sensitive does not like "IS is helpful." OMG! and you could have a bunch on negatives a few days later.

I do try to hand out way more positives.

briansquibb

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »
Personally I won't give a negative unless the person is using profanity, or just being insulting.  I have no problem with a strong opinion even when I go the other way, but I don't like insults.

That said, I kind of ignore the Karma thing.  One person can give you one negative on the same post every 2 hours.  So say one thing that someone sensitive does not like "IS is helpful." OMG! and you could have a bunch on negatives a few days later.

I do try to hand out way more positives.

I find it very amusing that there is someone out there that gives me 2 or 3 smites everyday as regular as clockwork - even when I haven't been posting  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:47:08 AM by briansquibb »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »

Very strange, I haven't seen you post anything that should have merited anything but a plus.

So  gave you one just now.

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »

Very strange, I haven't seen you post anything that should have merited anything but a plus.

So  gave you one just now.

I gave you good karma now too. I guessing those Crab Nebula partisans were giving bad karma for the Orion Nebula picture you posted. :)
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »