Canon Rumors General > Japan

Getting USA warranty Lens serviced in Japan

(1/2) > >>

squarebox:
I dropped my 10-22mm lens that I just got a few months ago and it seems the focusing on the right hand side of the lens is completely off.  Was wondering two things, the first is if this would be covered under the normal warranty because I dropped.  Secondly, would the canon repair shop honor a USA warranty here in Japan or will I have to send it back to the USA to get repaired?

Danack:

--- Quote from: squarebox on December 29, 2011, 11:48:57 PM ---if this would be covered under the normal warranty because I dropped.

--- End quote ---

No, it won't be covered. Warranties are only for flaws in manufacturing, it's not insurance against accidents.

handsomerob:
That's very unfortunate.  :(

sammy:

--- Quote from: Danack on December 30, 2011, 01:56:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: squarebox on December 29, 2011, 11:48:57 PM ---if this would be covered under the normal warranty because I dropped.

--- End quote ---

No, it won't be covered. Warranties are only for flaws in manufacturing, it's not insurance against accidents.

--- End quote ---
That would be right. One thing I've wondered though is do Canon (at a cost) do repairs on foreign cameras, I saw something that seemed to make me think they wouldn't but it didn't seem to make sense they wouldn't do paid repairs to cameras from another country.

squarebox:

--- Quote from: sammy on December 30, 2011, 04:25:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Danack on December 30, 2011, 01:56:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That would be right. One thing I've wondered though is do Canon (at a cost) do repairs on foreign cameras, I saw something that seemed to make me think they wouldn't but it didn't seem to make sense they wouldn't do paid repairs to cameras from another country.

--- End quote ---

Just dropped my lens off at the canon service center, will cost about 15,000 yen to fix at the most.  It seems one of the elements got out of place when i dropped it.  But they had no problems servicing a USA lens.  And like it was mentioned here, because i dropped it wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version