Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

Northern Lights and Northern Norway

(1/2) > >>

Kernuak:
A few weeks ago, I had a trip to Northern Norway to see and try to photograph the Northern Lights. Of course, that meant I "had" to buy a new lens, as I didn't have a fast wideangle. Since its release, I'd been looking at the 24mm L f/1.4 II, but I couldn't decide whether to get that lens or the Zeiss 21mm or TS/E 24mm. The need for a wide aperture finally decided it and pushed me into the purchase. I was a little over-ambitious, as I tried to get a bit of foreground in focus, using hyperfocal focusing, which is slightly awkward, when the DoF scale goes from 3m to infinity. As a result, I missed focus on quite a few, but I did manage to get some shots of the Aurora, even though activity was pretty quiet.

Aurora Arc by Kernuak, on Flickr

Northern Lights Silhouette by Kernuak, on Flickr

Lights in the Sky by Kernuak, on Flickr

Kernuak:
I also had an opportunity to try some night shots.

Tromsbrua by Night by Kernuak, on Flickr

Ishavsbygenne by Kernuak, on Flickr

Kernuak:
And on the last day, the weather cleared to get some shots of the winter twilight, a blue light I had never experienced before.

Morning Glow over Ishavskatredalen by Kernuak, on Flickr

Tromsø Mountain View by Kernuak, on Flickr

Storsteinen Twilight by Kernuak, on Flickr

distant.star:

Gorgeous pics. The stars really make the north lights images.

Thanks for showing.

Kernuak:
Thanks to you both. I was a bit frustrated when I got back and looked at the northern lights images I had taken, because I didn't take the time to check everything was ok at the time. Luckily, the last two were ok (if a little dim by that time) and the first one had passable focus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version