Well now that we've got the 1DX announced, seems people want:
- A 1DX sensor in an ungripped, less fps/AF body for $3-3.5k (lets call this one the 5Dmk3).
- A video-split, we know it's coming, possibly C300 sensor in a 1D-sized body (a 3840*2560 sensor is 10MP for stills, or a clean 4:1 binning would be a 39MP sensor).
- A high-MP (30-36MP) FF in an ungripped body for $3-3.5k.
- An APS-H 18-25MP in whatever body with 45pt and f/8 AF and uber-sealed, to upgrade from 7D/replace 1D4 for $3.5-4k
- An APS-C 20-25MP as above, pro-sealing and 45pt f/8 AF is more likely for $3k.
- 7D2 will keep same sealing, AF, fps, and features for $2k and probably be 20-24MP.
So which of those above is the 3D? I'd be guessing it's the High-MP studio camera, the video split will have a new naming convention, either of the bodies with the 45pt f/8 AF is a bit more of a dream...