April 26, 2018, 06:55:12 PM

Author Topic: Cinema glasses as live view screen?  (Read 3913 times)

Stewart K

• EOS 7D Mark II
Cinema glasses as live view screen?
« on: July 05, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

I’m wondering if these glasses would work as an external screen (live view mode) so I can see what’s going on in the desert sun when shooting Motorsport events?
I don’t see how they wouldn’t work as my 70D has an HDMI output, what’s the general consensus on this as a practical option?

http://merlin-digital.com/itheatre-vr-3d.html

Cheers
Stewart
5DIII - 70D - EF600LIS USM - EF100-400L - EF70-200Lf4 IS USM - EF24-105L - EF16-35LII - EF100 ƒ2.8 Macro - EF50 ƒ1.4 - EF1.4xIII - EF2xIII - 600EX-RT
Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/126853167@N07

canon rumors FORUM

Cinema glasses as live view screen?
« on: July 05, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »

that1guyy

• EOS M5
Re: Cinema glasses as live view screen?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 03:36:54 AM »
I suggest you get an external EVF like the Zacuto Z finder or something. Seems like a lot of money for a toy with low resolution.

Stewart K

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:46:38 AM »
I suggest you get an external EVF like the Zacuto Z finder or something. Seems like a lot of money for a toy with low resolution.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I like to shoot low down in the pit lane to get unusual  angles of the cars as they wiz past at a steady speed (usually 60KPH) and thought that being able to see the screen via a pair of specs like these may be the answer I’ve been looking for.
The tilt screen on my 70D is great, but mostly I can’t see it as the sun in Dubai is 100% full on all the time, I hoped that this might be an option as there would be a cable of around 1 meter connecting the camera and specs (allowing me to keep the camera low while still being able to see), I sit stationary on the pit wall steps to take these shots anyway,  i.e. no need to worry about not being able to see the real world with the specs on as I’ll be sitting still.
5DIII - 70D - EF600LIS USM - EF100-400L - EF70-200Lf4 IS USM - EF24-105L - EF16-35LII - EF100 ƒ2.8 Macro - EF50 ƒ1.4 - EF1.4xIII - EF2xIII - 600EX-RT
Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/126853167@N07

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »
I like to shoot low down in the pit lane to get unusual  angles of the cars as they wiz past at a steady speed (usually 60KPH) and thought that being able to see the screen via a pair of specs like these may be the answer I’ve been looking for.
The tilt screen on my 70D is great, but mostly I can’t see it as the sun in Dubai is 100% full on all the time, I hoped that this might be an option as there would be a cable of around 1 meter connecting the camera and specs (allowing me to keep the camera low while still being able to see), I sit stationary on the pit wall steps to take these shots anyway,  i.e. no need to worry about not being able to see the real world with the specs on as I’ll be sitting still.

They are low resolution, for video.  The first line on their specification makes me wonder.

"Virtual Size : 98inch TFT-LCD virtual Display (2m away)"

So you need to hold them 2 meters away from your eyes to meet the specification?  What other misleading things are they saying?

mb66energy

• EOS 5DS R
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »

They are low resolution, for video.  The first line on their specification makes me wonder.

"Virtual Size : 98inch TFT-LCD virtual Display (2m away)"

So you need to hold them 2 meters away from your eyes to meet the specification?  What other misleading things are they saying?
It does mean that your eyes have to accomodate for 2m distance. The angle of view corresponds to a 98 inch display. Like the OVF of a DSLR corresponds a sth. inches wide display at 5m distance.
Most used tools: EOS 200D + EF-S 60mm + 4.0 / 70-200 IS AND/OR EOS 5D i  + 4.0 70-200 IS + 2.8 100 Macro

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 11:20:48 PM »
It does mean that your eyes have to accomodate for 2m distance. The angle of view corresponds to a 98 inch display. Like the OVF of a DSLR corresponds a sth. inches wide display at 5m distance.

Thanks.  I've never seen that specified for a OVF.  Maybe I just was not looking.

RChauhan

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:50:10 AM »
I think it means it will have the virtual appearance to the user of being 2 meters away from a 98 inch display.

Again, its a virtual effect.

Source: used an old pair of the Sony travel visor screen and this was similarly noted there (different figures though).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:50:10 AM »