April 22, 2018, 12:52:34 PM

Author Topic: Problem with Adorama Customer Service  (Read 8669 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
Re: Problem with Adorama Customer Service
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »
I mostly use Adorama, but I've bought equipment from almost everybody (It Seems).  Everyone I've used has delivered, but then, I research a company before I purchase.  We have two local Camera stores that I also frequent, and have dropped several thousand dollars into their coffers.

its just by accident that my last 4 or 5 orders were from B&H, they had a sale on what I wanted in those cases.  I seldom pre-order a new Canon camera from B&H.  I'll never order one from Amazon.

Adorama has always shipped new models to me when pre-ordered from the first batch of received items, so I've no reason to change.  I've read too many reports of those pre-ordering from B&H on the first day who were still waiting after I had my equipment for two weeks.  I pre-ordered the original 7D from Amazon, and after 3 or 4 weeks they cancelled my pre-order due to a listing error, and invited me to order again going to the end of the line.  No thanks.  Even pre-ordering it 4 weeks after the announcement, Adorama got the camera to me from the first batch.  That impressed me, and I've always had a similar experience.  I like B&H but not for pre-orders of new models.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »
I mostly use Adorama, but I've bought equipment from almost everybody (It Seems).  Everyone I've used has delivered, but then, I research a company before I purchase.  We have two local Camera stores that I also frequent, and have dropped several thousand dollars into their coffers.

its just by accident that my last 4 or 5 orders were from B&H, they had a sale on what I wanted in those cases.  I seldom pre-order a new Canon camera from B&H.  I'll never order one from Amazon.

Adorama has always shipped new models to me when pre-ordered from the first batch of received items, so I've no reason to change.  I've read too many reports of those pre-ordering from B&H on the first day who were still waiting after I had my equipment for two weeks.  I pre-ordered the original 7D from Amazon, and after 3 or 4 weeks they cancelled my pre-order due to a listing error, and invited me to order again going to the end of the line.  No thanks.  Even pre-ordering it 4 weeks after the announcement, Adorama got the camera to me from the first batch.  That impressed me, and I've always had a similar experience.  I like B&H but not for pre-orders of new models.

Good to know.

I avoid amazon for new items.  They seem to get them long after others.

Wonder if you success with adorama is due to frequent shopping (high $ volume) or just lower demand.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »