Canon Rumors General > Japan

Will major retailers in Japan get stock of new model earlier than those in US?

(1/3) > >>

vowing_dad:
Will major retailers in Japan get stock of new model earlier than those in US?

I will be going back and forth between Tokyo, LA, and Hong Kong in the next few months.  And I am wondering if I will be able to see new Canon products (e.g. 1D X) in Tokyo or LA first.  Any experience?

ronderick:
Well, I'd probably say you have more chances of seeing the new products on the shelf in Asia (Japan or Hong Kong) than the States. I remember I was in Tokyo on the release day of 7D, and they already had a dedicated space displaying the new toy at the local Bic Camera.

cfargo:
Would it be worth having no USA warranty?

squarebox:
Not sure if it is a factor, but camera gear is more expensive in Japan than the U.S.  I buy all my stuff in the U.S. and have it shipped over for that reason. 

jai5w4:
+1.  It's a BIG difference, surprisingly.  I thought for sure it'd be cheaper in Japan, but instead I order through B&H and wait the 7-10 days after I try out gear in the stores here first.

--- Quote from: squarebox on January 10, 2012, 02:56:22 AM ---Not sure if it is a factor, but camera gear is more expensive in Japan than the U.S.  I buy all my stuff in the U.S. and have it shipped over for that reason.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version