September 16, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

Author Topic: Why aren't there full-res 1Dx samples?  (Read 5917 times)

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Why aren't there full-res 1Dx samples?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
Disclosure: my company is 100% Canon, but at its tipping point -- go with D4 for its awesome stills/video specs and faster release, or stick with Canon 1D series and hoping 5D comes out blazing.

that´s interesting... i always wonder how people manage such a switch?
given that we speak about more then two bodys and two lenses... how comes that people seem to think about switching brands so easily?

i made a short calculation and when i sell all my canon stuff on ebay and had to buy it new from nikon i had to invest an additional 15000 euros (ok then i had everything brand new but that doesn´t cut the cake).

that would make me think if minor video features are worth it.
i could buy a dedicated video cam for that money.

beside.... what awesome features you speak about that a 1D X does not offer??

go with D4 for its awesome stills/video specs

I switched from Minolta to Nikon in 2003 because all my gear was stolen so I had to buy new.  And I'd wanted to go to Nikon or Canon for some time.  I choose Nikon at the time because my brother had all Nikon gear.

I switched to All Canon in 2009 because the 5D III was so good, and had 21MP.  The 21MP is important to me because I shoot micro stock, and more MP means more $/per image.  I took about a year to sell off all the Nikon Gear, and although I promised not to go too nuts with Canon, I now own 13 lenses...

Why no 1Dx samples?  I think Canon is going to up the specs before they actually release it and make it look better vs. the D4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
Why no 1Dx samples?  I think Canon is going to up the specs before they actually release it and make it look better vs. the D4.

Funny that you say specs, because 1Dx's specs on high base ISO is 2-stops over D4! 12,800 vs 52,600. And every single thing on paper looks better for 1Dx (except for Video, of course).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »