April 16, 2014, 01:29:23 AM

Author Topic: EdMika adapter launch - 0.5mm FD-EOS dual-orientation adapter for super-teles  (Read 13240 times)

ontarian

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, after much new development we finally have the adapters that give infinity focus to all those white old FD manual focus Canon super-telephoto lenses available for sale replacing the old 0.75mm adapter design.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180820985470?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_2100wt_1156
Edited to update ebay listing since its back up as I have received 45 more chips.
Edited again to update eBay link
cheers-Ed
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:27:52 PM by ontarian »

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
At that price, I should buy one just in case I find a deal on a FD supertelephoto.  I did not understand the bit about bending the aperture lever, but I'd figure it out quickly if I had a lens.I went back and reread the ebay listing, so I now understand the aperture lever.

If I ever am able to find a deal on a old Supertelephoto, I'll buy one of these immediately.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:39:58 AM by Mt Spokane Photography »

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Awesome now i just need to find an Fd supertele for sale!
APS-H Fanboy

Harley

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Bought my FD 300mm f/2.8 L last week.  Bought the adapter tonight.  This will be my third Ed Mika lens conversion.  Looking forward to it, Ed!  +1!
Do you have a link to the video on infinity calibration?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:54:11 AM by Harley »
EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX, FD TS 35mm f/2.8, FL 55mm f/1.2, FD 300mm f/2.8 L

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Bought my FD 300mm f/2.8 L last week.  Bought the adapter tonight.  This will be my third Ed Mika lens conversion.  Looking forward to it, Ed!  +1!
Do you have a link to the video on infinity calibration?

where are you finding the Fd lenses for sale?
APS-H Fanboy

Harley

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
I found mine at a local store, Blue Moon Camera.  Just lucky.  It was the only FD L telephoto I've seen there.  I've seen others online at eBay, henrys.com, B&H used store, and KEH.com. They pop up on Craigslist occasionally, too.
EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX, FD TS 35mm f/2.8, FL 55mm f/1.2, FD 300mm f/2.8 L

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
does this adapter work with the 600mm f4.5? Fd

also the Fd lenses are all manual focus only right?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:39:32 AM by wickidwombat »
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

Flake

On the old system the shutter was pressed and a mechanical system operated the aperture lever to close it, now there is mention of bending the level to allow for clearance, how does the aperture stop down when needed?

ontarian

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
On the old system the shutter was pressed and a mechanical system operated the aperture lever to close it, now there is mention of bending the level to allow for clearance, how does the aperture stop down when needed?

The aperture lever is engaged by the adapter in either 0 degree or 90 degree orientations.  The lens is stopped down by the aperture control ring on the lens and metering is strictly stop down metering since there is no motor in my adapter to do so that would be triggered by the camera electronic signal.

ontarian

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
does this adapter work with the 600mm f4.5? Fd

also the Fd lenses are all manual focus only right?

Yes and Yes.  :)

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Also got to give you credit for making your adaptor a reasonable price  :D
APS-H Fanboy

Harley

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Also got to give you credit for making your adaptor a reasonable price  :D
Agreed.  It's the perfect price point.  And each is such a well thought out design.  You've been very thorough in terms of functionality and making them as undamaging/reversible as possible.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
Anyone know if the adapter will work with one of these? (This)

I've been seeing a few of this lens on ebay, they never copied the design into the EF-range, it'd be a nice big seller if they did (although the 200-400 f/4 1.4x will probably be the eventual replacement for this). The one-handed zoom/focus knob looks like a nice design touch.

I'd need a new tripod though...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I tried to buy a FD 800mm f/5.6 from a Craigsliist seller today, he had it listed for $950, but it sold before I could get it.   So, I'll keep looking for some reason to buy that adapter.

Harley

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
I tried to buy a FD 800mm f/5.6 from a Craigsliist seller today, he had it listed for $950, but it sold before I could get it.   So, I'll keep looking for some reason to buy that adapter.

Try it the other way around : buy the adapter to give you a reason to keep looking for FD super-teles!

canon rumors FORUM