June 25, 2018, 04:04:58 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rumors Lens Giveaway to Celebrate 2016  (Read 62620 times)

Tim_Y

• Canonflex
Re: Canon Rumors Lens Giveaway to Celebrate 2016
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
Has there actually been a newsletter yet?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »

Skatol

• EOS M5
    • Richardson Photographic
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
I'm entered..... What a great idea to run the contest...

I hope Click wins.... a very nice person, always something nice to say.... if anyone deserves it, it's him
I would include you on that short list Don.  Thanks for your contributions!
1DIV, 5DsR, M3 and too many lenses to list.
Too much time, too little gear...scratch that, reverse it.

pierlux

• EOS 80D
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
It's over one month that I'm uncertain whether to sign up or not for the newsletter. As a rule, I decided to never sign up for newsletter of any kind since I'm used to inform by myself and at my convenience about anything which interests me. Actually, every day, like many others here, Canon Rumors is the website I visit first in the morning (after checking the email) and last, on my smartphone, before going asleep ... Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly insane after all...  well, maybe just a bit... but I'm not alone, I know many here can understand.

So, this morning I finally signed up. All things considered, the routine of reading the incoming mail before anything else will now get me in touch with CR a tiny bit earlier than before which is not a bad thing, after all.

I can't deny the chance of receiving one of those pieces of glass counted. A lot. To say more, and to be 100% honest, it was crucial. I don't own any of the lenses of this giveaway. My next lens, the one I'm saving for, is going to be a supertele. To date, the longest lens my >1y old 7D2 has been physically in touch with is the 70-300 L, I can nearly hear it scream for something more... My unlikely hope is for a cheap 500 or 600 Canon prime, the rumored Canon supertele zoom comes next, and last is the Sigma sport alternative for its ruggedness and weather resistance.

What am I going to do if a 3 months late Santa Craig brings me the...

1) ...50 STM: carry on saving for the supertele and invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a bar to celebrate with a drink.

2) ...100-400 L II: purchase the 1.4X III, convert saving for the supertele into saving for the 5d4 and invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a restaurant to celebrate with a pizza and a flood of beer.

3) ...35 L II: keep on saving for the supertele, put the 35 L II on my 5d2, invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a restaurant to celebrate with a pizza and a flood of beer and shoot a thousand photos, no flash, to immortalize the memorable hangover.

4) ...11-24: same as no. 3, different lens on my 5d2, add an optional bounced 580 EX II and diffuser.

I just joined the mailing list. Hope it is still open. I wonder what is the probability of winning. When will be the draw?

Look at the forum stats.

543981 Posts in 25631 Topics by 11346 Members.

Assuming that 80 or even 90 percent of those mebers are no longer active, that leaves 2-3 thousand active ones.  If a large number of members make duplicate entries with different member IS's ans email addresses and are eliminated, your odds could be far better than most lotteries.
Don Haines, fluffy cat, canoeist, and frozen Canuck are really different people.......

And I am sure that Neuro, Mt. Spokane, Dilbert, jrista, and Click are really the same person :) and they can type really fast!!!!

LOL! You're joking, but in the past I remember someone who really registered with multiple usernames before the forums existed, so not even "thumbs up" - "thumbs down" buttons (remember?) to explain it, and even admitted it! Well,  I can understand for some it can be fun and, how could I say, a way of naively cheating. But I ask, and hope nobody is so mean, should someone dishonestly decide to cheat and register with different usernames and email addresses using different PCs to raise the chances of winning, is there a way for the admins to notice?

Now that I've mentioned this, I must admit that at the time of the first buggy implementation of the previous forum which was suppressed because of its flaws, I had to re-register with another username because I could no longer log in as "pierlux" and couldn't re-register with that name, so, inspired by the trend of the moment (all the sarcasm about the direct print button), I re-registered as "direct_print_bOttoM", but that was because I was forced to do so and couldn't use both identities simultaneously, anyway.

I trust Craig's promise that the newsletter isn't going to "spam", I'm confident it won't be intrusive. I'll post again after a few newsletters and comment on it.

Enough for now, forgive me for the lenght of this post, good luck to all CR members, though intimately I particularly root for a few of my favorite regulars (of course now I'm not disclosing who they are).

ILLWILL173

• Canonflex
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2016, 06:26:30 AM »
Man that 11-24 would be heaven to win right now...especially when I had to sell all my lenses....only have a borrowed 50mm 1.8 ii but to win any of these lenses would be cool..even more so when you don't really own one 😉

gjones5252

• EOS M5
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2016, 06:47:16 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a newsletter already sent out? I submitted my email but have not received any newsletters. Didn't know if I was missing out on something.

pierlux

• EOS 80D
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2016, 01:53:43 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a newsletter already sent out? I submitted my email but have not received any newsletters. Didn't know if I was missing out on something.
No newsletters to date in my email, either. Looking forward to receive the first, I'm somewhat cusious about if and how the newsletter will modify my "Canon Rumors reader's workflow"  :)

Seriously now. I have a question: where can I find information about my registration? I received confirmation the moment I joined the mailing list, but where can I modify, say, the email address? Not that I have to, but I suppose modifying the account settings in my profile info does not affect the data of my newsletter registration, does it?

Marauder

• EOS 80D
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 06:48:51 PM »
No email from CR since the original one thanking me for signing up.  No newsletter yet.  And the winners were supposed to be selected yesterday.  Will there be some sort of an announcement CR?   8)
Canon 7D, Canon T3i, Canon 100-400L, Canon 200 f2.8L & Various other lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 06:48:51 PM »

GP.Masserano

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2016, 05:08:17 AM »
Hello!
Who won?
:P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:11:29 AM by GP.Masserano »

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »
The winner announcement date has switched to March 31, 2016
canonrumors.com

arcer

• EOS Rebel SL2
  • You're now reading irrelevant text.
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
Was reading some past posts when CR gave an update about the giveaway......

LOL! You're joking, but in the past I remember someone who really registered with multiple usernames before the forums existed, so not even "thumbs up" - "thumbs down" buttons (remember?) to explain it, and even admitted it! Well,  I can understand for some it can be fun and, how could I say, a way of naively cheating. But I ask, and hope nobody is so mean, should someone dishonestly decide to cheat and register with different usernames and email addresses using different PCs to raise the chances of winning, is there a way for the admins to notice?

Now that I've mentioned this, I must admit that at the time of the first buggy implementation of the previous forum which was suppressed because of its flaws, I had to re-register with another username because I could no longer log in as "pierlux" and couldn't re-register with that name, so, inspired by the trend of the moment (all the sarcasm about the direct print button), I re-registered as "direct_print_bOttoM", but that was because I was forced to do so and couldn't use both identities simultaneously, anyway.

I trust Craig's promise that the newsletter isn't going to "spam", I'm confident it won't be intrusive. I'll post again after a few newsletters and comment on it.

Enough for now, forgive me for the lenght of this post, good luck to all CR members, though intimately I particularly root for a few of my favorite regulars (of course now I'm not disclosing who they are).

Oh no..... I'm sorry I have kind of cheated actually, I thought firstly that the newsletter were releasing monthly and my email wasn't getting any, so I tried using my other email accounts(I got a few more than others to separate personal, work, school, and using different email service providers) to test it out.....Long story short, I got a few emails linked to my name and I hope they don't disqualify me completely.
Having one of the awesome lens may give me some new perspective in my shooting as I'm short of cash now in developing my skills due to university and student societies' work.

Anyway everyone, may the odds ever be in your favor.
EOS 200D, EOS 350D, EOS 6D2 - EF-S Trinity 10-18 18-55 55-250, 24mm STM, 50/1.8II, 70-200/4L
EOS 80D, EOS 5D4 - 18-135nUSM, 24-105LII 100-400LII
Cheap camera doesn't equal cheap shots. Shoot more, whine less.

pierlux

• EOS 80D
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
Was reading some past posts when CR gave an update about the giveaway......

Oh no..... I'm sorry I have kind of cheated actually, I thought firstly that the newsletter were releasing monthly and my email wasn't getting any, so I tried using my other email accounts(I got a few more than others to separate personal, work, school, and using different email service providers) to test it out.....Long story short, I got a few emails linked to my name and I hope they don't disqualify me completely.
Having one of the awesome lens may give me some new perspective in my shooting as I'm short of cash now in developing my skills due to university and student societies' work.

Anyway everyone, may the odds ever be in your favor.

I believe since you have reported your error and provided a reasonable explanation for your multiple registrations you should be safe enough... maybe if you write directly to either the admin or one of the mods, it would be even better.

Anyway, I think there should be a way to modify or cancel a registration. I while back I wrote:

... ... I have a question: where can I find information about my registration? I received confirmation the moment I joined the mailing list, but where can I modify, say, the email address? Not that I have to, but I suppose modifying the account settings in my profile info does not affect the data of my newsletter registration, does it?

I think before the mailing list will be fully operational, the webmaster will figure out how to arrange everything for the best.

A couple of weeks ago I realized the winner announcement date was postponed because the popup... well, popped up again 2-3 times, indicating March 31 as "The Day". But I'm noticing the opening post of this thread still reports:

Winners will be notified on March 18, 2016.       

so, maybe, it would be better to edit it, it appears not everyone is aware of the date shift.

Regards,

Pier

GP.Masserano

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »

OK !
We "fry" still some day... ;D ;D ;D

pierlux

• EOS 80D
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 02:43:17 PM »
No email from CR since the original one thanking me for signing up.

... I got a few emails linked to my name.

Oh, but... wait: did you really receive an email confirming your registration to the newsletter? I didn't. I received confirmation from the website the moment I clicked the "submit" button (I signed in not from the popup, but from the top right of the sidebar), but no email at all. Was I supposed to receive one for confirmation? Should I submit again my email address? I'm a bit confused...  ???

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 02:43:17 PM »

verysimplejason

• EOS 5DS R
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2016, 04:55:17 PM »
It's coming...

slclick

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II