May 25, 2018, 10:49:18 PM

Author Topic: New Battery for 1DX M2  (Read 10764 times)

J.R.

• EOS-1D X Mark II
Re: New Battery for 1DX M2
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »

I tried and neither charger nor battery fitted in either of the others. That is the LC-E19 could not charge the LP-E4 batteries

Hi PBD,

The user manual mentions specifically that one can charge the LP-E4 with the LC-E19. Have you been able to zero in on what the issue may be in your case?

PS: I've not tried this myself
I took a hiatus from CR for a year and a half. The discussions haven't changed much. Excellent information is still being shared while people bitching about Canon cameras are still bitching and haven't moved on to Sony

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 10:00:22 PM »
No, I was very surprised but I couldn't get either to work in either. Maybe I had a brain fart but the LP-E4's didn't want to go in the LC-E19, I tried my LP-E4 batteries and not the LP-E4N batteries in my LC-E19, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I have now sold the LP-E4 and LC-E4 so can't recheck.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:39:37 PM by privatebydesign »
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Larsskv

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • Enthusiast with Canon related GAS
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 01:23:27 AM »
I found this old thread... has anyone tried to charge a LP-E19 battery on an LC-E4 charger?

I am looking for a spare charger for my 1DXII, and is hoping to get away with a pre used “1DX charger”, as the LC-E19 charger is crazy expensive.

As Privatbodydesign claimed, I read Rudy Winston so that older chargers would work, but not for a full charge on the newer LP-E19 batteries, but the CPS answer expatinasia had received leaves me with less hope...

Thank you for clarifying! Too bad, but I didn’t have to learn the hard way.

I tried and neither charger nor battery fitted in either of the others. That is the LC-E19 could not charge the LP-E4 batteries and the LC-E4 could not charge the LP-E19 batteries. However the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4 from the earlier models does fit and work in the 1DX MkII.

I was very surprised by this misinformation from senior Canon personnel, but there are notches on the chargers that prevent the 'wrong' batteries fitting.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 01:23:27 AM »