Poll

What do you think of US CPS?

Not a member
6 (30%)
A member but outside the US
4 (20%)
Very happy, couldn't ask for anything more
5 (25%)
Happy, nice if they did a few more thinks for me (tell us what)
2 (10%)
Okay with them, really need to up their game (tell us how)
2 (10%)
Disappointed, considering dropping CPS (what would they need to do to keep you)
1 (5%)
CPS is hopeless, I already dropped them (tell his why)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: If you are CPS member, are you happy with their level of service?  (Read 4154 times)

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
CPS is could be potent marketing / service arm for Canon. 

Are they doing enough to keep you happy?  Are you getting your money's worth.  What else could they do to make you happy (even more happy)?

canon rumors FORUM

RGF

• How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Re: If you are CPS member, are you happy with their level of service?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
I am generally happy with CPS, especially now that they have service center outside Chicago.

There are a couple of things I would like to see them do.

1. when new camera or lens comes out, allow CPS member request that canon send one to their favorite dealer.  They could put your name on a specific camera and then preregister the camera to you to avoid dealers getting extra 1st ships.

2. Give CPS members first access to refurbished items or prepurchase a refurbished item.

3. Annual gift, especially for Gold and Platinum members.  Could be small, hand strap, CPS rear lens cap, ...

expatinasia

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:56:44 PM »
Yes, I am very happy with them. They help me a lot, much more than I probably deserve.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

slclick

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »
I think the disparity with prices and level options is far too large and that the lowest level really doesn't offer much (you get what you pay for). However with that said, when you need them they are there, with quick turnaround and excellent service.

What I'd like to see is a better lowest level, paid minimally, perhaps $25 USD and to get something like the Gold yet  with less repairs. Perhaps 3 CMS items and a 10% repair discount.

They could save the gimmees and put the value into something with well, value.
EOS 5D3, EOS M5 and no room left in the 1510.

Pookie

• EOS 5DS R
  • PDB loves juggling my balls in his mouth...
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 08:58:11 PM »
Membership has it's privileges !!! Very happy... I get superb service and loaners all the time. I've also gotten invites to quite a few private showings here in Cali.

Then again I've probably spent close to 50k in the last 10 years in lenses and cameras alone.
Simple truth about this site, if you're here you are in no way a professional photographer and don't even try and pretend you are.

Freddie

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »
I've been a CPS Gold member since around 2004. Last year, I upgraded to Platinum. Over the last 12 years, I tried out a lot of equipment and bought more than half of the same equipment I tried out. They did send a nice laptop/messenger bag when I upgraded to Platinum. In the last few years, they've shortened the loan period for equipment from 14 days to 10 days. The loan period is door-to-door. In other words, the shipping time is included in your loan period which shortens it by two days at the beginning and by whatever time your return shipping choice takes. CPS ships the equipment to the member and the member is responsible for the return freight. That means about 6 days of testing so you have to be ready to drop everything and test, test, test or you have no chance to find out how it works. I have twice been sent defective equipment. In 2007 I was sent a 1Ds III that never produced an image without noise, no matter what. Last spring I borrowed the 400 f/2.8. I never got an image out of it that was clear. In both cases, they denied there was any problem with the equipment. I've been shooting long enough and with enough different equipment that I can definitely say the camera body and the lens were both defective. Other than those things, I have enjoyed dealing with the crew at the loaner department. I haven't renewed for this year and I'm still considering what I may do. I'm happy with Canon in general but the CPS benefits are fading fast.

pwp

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »
CPS here is unbelievably good Sydney Australia. And they're 15 minutes drive from my studio. Better still!

The existence and reputation of CPS here was probably the largest driver in my decision to give Nikon the sack in the late 1990's and switching to Canon. It's a move I've never once regretted and this certainty is built in part by the sheer quality of CPS. Nothing is too much trouble.

No matter how good your hardware is, without mature professional support it's not a fully rounded product. Canon and CPS deliver that complete gold-plated package.

-pw

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »

Zeidora

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »
I'm just a silver member, could get gold, but see no need for it. Have not used any of the benefits at all. Mainly have it to get a head start on potential repairs.
5D2 full spectrum, 5DsR, a bunch of Zeiss (some other) primes, for documentary natural history, macro, and micro.

StudentOfLight

• EOS 5DS R
  • I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
I'm a member in South Africa.

CPS is free here and operates out of three major centers. Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Tiering is based solely on qualifying products. (e.g. For platinum status you need 3 platinum bodies and 4 L lenses)

I'm very happy with the equipment monthly sensor cleans, annual servicing and occasional repairs as required.

For me the only disappointment is the loaner program. It seems very disorganized. I requested the 35L II last year in November and still haven't gotten access to a copy yet. I also asked for details on how the loaner program works but got no response. It's confusing that this is the state of affairs as I would think that the loaner program would be a key driver for future sales.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:08:06 PM by StudentOfLight »
Fantasy Gear:
TS-E: 45mm f/2.8 L,  EF: 40mm f/0.8,  100mm f/1.4,  18-28mm f/2, 28-85mm f/2, 
EF with 1.4xInt: 100-300mm f/4 ,  500mm f/5.6 L

slclick

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »
If I think it's a year where I want to get a body cleaned and a lens or two dialed in the Gold is more than worth it. Otherwise I do Silver that year. It can bite you in the butt doing it that route with a mishap or unexpected problem.
EOS 5D3, EOS M5 and no room left in the 1510.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »