December 20, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

Author Topic: Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available  (Read 22023 times)

Pieces Of E

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon owners and operators
    • View Profile
    • Pieces Of E, LLC
Re: Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
I know it's a dinosaur, but does anyone know if there is a Codec Pack for 32bit Windows XP? Thank you.
EOS 7D, BG-E7, EF 300L IS f4, EF 100L IS f2.8 macro, EF 24-105L IS f4 , EF 1.4 extender MKIII, EF-S 10-22 f3.5-5.6, 70-200L IS f2.8 II, EOS-M, 22 f2 STM, EF-S 18-135 IS STM, EF 85 f1.8

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
I know it's a dinosaur, but does anyone know if there is a Codec Pack for 32bit Windows XP? Thank you.
I found this one...
http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0039964.asp

Hope this helps...

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
what exactly is this for?
i do own a 5D3 and a Mac. what is the benny or what is this codec for?
please explain.

The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats in Window Live Photo Gallery as well as other software that is based in Windows Imaging Codecs (WIC).
Installing this package will allow supported RAW camera files to be viewable in Windows Explorer.
This package is available in both 32-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_x86.msi) and 64-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64.msi) versions.

Thanks for the clarification. Really enjoyed this feature (browsing RAW images) when I switched to Mac, but I still have to use Windows at work.
EOS 5DIII, EOS 6D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3 | EOS M + EF-M 22mm f/2

brett b

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Although Canon has not been releasing codecs for 64 bit windows, Microsoft does release them, but slowly. 
The good thing, is that the codec covers multiple manufacturers.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829
No support for the 1D X though.

Thank you, Mt. Spokane!

ronaldbyram

• Power Shot G7X
  • Photographing the Adventure
    • View Profile
Does not work for Windows 8

LDS

• EOS M2
    • View Profile

In Windows 8 the codec pack is available and updates are delivered through Windows Update: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2712101/en-us

Check among "optional updates"

dppaskewitz

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile

In Windows 8 the codec pack is available and updates are delivered through Windows Update: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2712101/en-us

Thank you.  Since I downloaded the optional updates, Windows "Photos" now seems to be working for Win 8.1 64 bit for the 6D and M.  Finally.  Now I don't have to open LR or DPP if I just want to glimpse at a photo.  Of course, I haven't yet figured out how to get back to civilization from the Win 8 interface after I open a file in "Photos."  I truly believe there is something in the water in Microsoft land.  No rational person could have thought Win 8 was a good idea........on any level.  ("Civilization" means the add on "start menu" program I added so I wouldn't have to have the geeks put me back to Win 7).  [End Rant].
5Dc; 6D; M; several lenses.  Enthusiast.

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile

Thank you.  Since I downloaded the optional updates, Windows "Photos" now seems to be working for Win 8.1 64 bit for the 6D and M.  Finally.  Now I don't have to open LR or DPP if I just want to glimpse at a photo.  Of course, I haven't yet figured out how to get back to civilization from the Win 8 interface after I open a file in "Photos."  I truly believe there is something in the water in Microsoft land.  No rational person could have thought Win 8 was a good idea........on any level.  ("Civilization" means the add on "start menu" program I added so I wouldn't have to have the geeks put me back to Win 7).  [End Rant].

I'd agree, Windows 8 was managed by a fanatic who suddenly left Microsoft. He thought we would use 27 inch touch screens, even though none existed?  They are now working on Windows 10, which will return the desktop for those without a touch screen.  I have a relative who is a manager at Microsoft, he was also frustrated, but not publically.

I've bought two Dell Windows 8 machines, then took out the hard drives, put them on a shelf, and then bought a 500GB SSD to put Windows 7 on.  Dell has drivers for Windows 7 for my models, so it was easy, except for the hundreds of updates to download. 

JonAustin

• Canon 70D
  • Telecom / IT consultant and occasional pro photog
    • View Profile
    • Austin & Austin Professional Services
Or you can just use IrfanView
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
www.irfanview.com

(And don't forget to download and install the plug-ins!)
Photographic equipment

KeithBreazeal

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Keith Breazeal Photography
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »
Just loaded it into my Windows 7 scratch built & it works great!  Thanks !!!!!!

Stu_bert

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »
Also just installed on my laptop and pleased the current version supports 1DX :)

Thank you Mt Spokane.
If life is all about what you do in the time that you have, then photography is about the pictures you take not the kit that took it. Still it's fun to talk about the kit, present or future :)

dppaskewitz

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Or you can just use IrfanView
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »
www.irfanview.com

(And don't forget to download and install the plug-ins!)

I downloaded irfanview, based on this recommendation.  Big +1 
5Dc; 6D; M; several lenses.  Enthusiast.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Or you can just use IrfanView
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »