Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

Post Your Best Landscapes

<< < (106/529) > >>

rpt:

--- Quote from: LOALTD on November 23, 2012, 11:47:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Lovely! Could you describe how you planned and executed the shot?

TexasBadger:
Road to Many Glaciers Lodge in Glacier National Park, the South rim of the Grand Canyon and a Wagon at the West entrance to Glacier National Park.

LOALTD:

--- Quote from: rpt on November 24, 2012, 01:08:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: LOALTD on November 23, 2012, 11:47:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Lovely! Could you describe how you planned and executed the shot?

--- End quote ---

I like to go climb Mt Hood (Oregon, USA) in the winter.  The hardest part is picking a good weather window.  Usually in the winter alpen glow is MUCH nicer than in the summer.  I attribute this to the fact that it RAINS and SNOWS all winter in Oregon, so when you get a clear day, the air is nice and crisp from frequent scrubbings.  This was taken of the ridge above White River Glacier at about 9,500 ft, a couple minutes after sunrise.

This is one of the top-five most climbed mountains in the world, but in winter you are often all alone.  The only people up there were me and my three climbing parters.

This was shot with the Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens, which is my mountaineering lens of choice!  f/2.8, 1/125s, ISO 100.  5D Mk III body.  This light comes and goes so quickly that there isn't much time for a tripod, so having f/1.4 available is helpful.  If the rumors of a 50mm f/1.4 IS are true, I will be in HEAVEN.

rpt:

--- Quote from: LOALTD on November 24, 2012, 02:04:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: rpt on November 24, 2012, 01:08:11 AM ---Lovely! Could you describe how you planned and executed the shot?

--- End quote ---
I like to go climb Mt Hood (Oregon, USA) in the winter.  The hardest part is picking a good weather window.  Usually in the winter alpen glow is MUCH nicer than in the summer.  I attribute this to the fact that it RAINS and SNOWS all winter in Oregon, so when you get a clear day, the air is nice and crisp from frequent scrubbings.  This was taken of the ridge above White River Glacier at about 9,500 ft, a couple minutes after sunrise.

This is one of the top-five most climbed mountains in the world, but in winter you are often all alone.  The only people up there were me and my three climbing parters.

This was shot with the Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens, which is my mountaineering lens of choice!  f/2.8, 1/125s, ISO 100.  5D Mk III body.  This light comes and goes so quickly that there isn't much time for a tripod, so having f/1.4 available is helpful.  If the rumors of a 50mm f/1.4 IS are true, I will be in HEAVEN.

--- End quote ---
Thank you. Gives me a great perspective of your effort. How high do you need to climb to get to this point?

Krob78:

--- Quote from: ions on November 14, 2012, 10:21:21 PM ---
Peck Lake, Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada by Christopher Brian's Photography, on Flickr

--- End quote ---
cool shot Ions!  Love the reflections, the water was perfect!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version